*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1031497-Where-i-came-from
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1031497
This brief section is about my family, the life i came from and the people that helped me.
About a year ago i was starting to go through the worst thing of my life, well thats what it felt like. My parents were splitting up, I was loosing my friends left and right. My life felt meaningless. I was going to a youth group, and that is the only thing that I really felt accepted at.
My friends started to get worried about me, at least the one's i still had. It was my two best friends that first started to notice the things i was starting to do. Things like doing bad in school, or hanging out with what we like to call the "stoners". I was making real bad choices. Until some one finally sat me down and said:
"What are you doing, do you realize what you are doing to people? Do you realize you could really hurt somebody, or yourself? What would you do if you were in our place?" and questions like that really helped. I started to think what am i doing, who is this hurting, how bad is it hurting them?
Not ever knowing what to do after about six months i decided to change my ways. I started to hang out with what we like to call the "preps" are started to make really nice friends. I even joined our church choir, but that wasn't enough. I wanted to change everything I wanted to be the innocent little girl I used to be. What happened next i don't think anybody really expected it.
I moved out. My parents weren't helping my situation and my friends and there parents are the only ones i could really trust. So I moved out, I ended up living with my best friend and her parents really cared what was going on. I got closer with God this whole time. My church started to work with me along with my friends to make me better, and you know it worked. This story goes along with a story i've been working on about a very good friends of mine who went anorxia, and we had do everything possible to get her better.
© Copyright 2005 CaLiFoRnIaN gIrL (nicole_richey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1031497-Where-i-came-from