*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1034394-Maybe
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1034394
read and find out!
She had been washing up, watching little Jeremy play. He wasn't her son, but she loved him like he was. He was sat on the floor of the lounge, playing with the cars he'd been bought for christmas, like any normal 5 year old. When she had finished washing the last plate, she went into the lounge and sat beside Jeremy. "Hi" he said. "I'm playing cars, this one's broken down so it has to go to the garage" At that moment, Rob walked inside and threw his coat down. "What's..." Cheryl started to say. He stopped her. "Just don't, I can't beleive you even bothered. It can't of been the worst thing you thaught of, but i guess because of tomorrow you didn't want to hurt me too much" Cheryl looked confused and tried to think about what he could be talking about. She then remembered. It never meant to happen.
As he slept, she crept. Down the stairs, past the chairs. Didn't know why, didn't mean to pry. She just had a feelin, it needed revealing. She looked at the screen, what an idiot she'd been. To not see this from the start, she just wanted them to part. She wrote it, she sent it.
"Well why shouldn't I have?" She said, her eyes filling with tears, her head filling with thoughts. "Because now I've been sacked." He said it with anger. "What...why?" she asked. She had sent a message, she wasn't out to deny that, but why had he been sacked for it? "Yes I cheated on you Cheryl, I could understand if you'd have sent it to Karen, after all she was the women i cheated on you with. But sending it to my boss, why'd you do that!?" Cheryl took a minute to realise. Karen...Kimberley. Next to eachother in the phone book. "Well even if I did send it to her, you deserved it! You cheated on me!" Jeremy was in tears, wailing, climbing up into his daddy's arms.
When Cheryl woke the next morning, Rob and Jeremy were gone. All their things gone too. The day before they were married. She thought it was perfect, their whole life, perfect. Oh how wrong she was.
© Copyright 2005 **Emma13** (emawantstorite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1034394-Maybe