*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1034525-You-had-to-go
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by CeeCee
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Drama · #1034525
Letter to a dead soul
He was a gentlemen. At only eighteen years old, he had learn to be considerate and loving. He had many friends and had the power to brighten up everybody's darkest day. He was God's gift to everybody that had the chance to know him. Everybody was proud to be around him. He was fun, and had been through a lot when his older brother died. I saw him for the first time at the arena. He looked at me and smiled. So much charisma, it was like I could see through his eyes. Of course I was too shy to talk to him. I knew some of his friends and they came to say hello. We talked for a while and he somewhat managed to take control of the discussion. He made me laugh. He was fun to be around. He kissed me. I spent the next week wondering about him. August twenty fourth. My sister's birthday. He was meeting me at my place with some of his friends. I saw his closest friend coming out of the pick up truck, crying. I asked where he was, if he was coming. He told me he had an accident. He was hurt while driving his motorcycle. He didn't see the cable which was at his throat height. Someone found him a few hours after the accident. He was trying to scream for help but couldn't because of his injuries. The phone rang. A voice at the end broke the terrible news. Eric died. I'll always remember the song that played that night, at that exact moment; "A tout le monde, A tout mes amis, Je vous aiment, je dois partir, These are the last words I'll ever speak, Set me freeeee!!! " (from Megadeth)Painfull tears all over everybody's face, we stayed by the fire all night. No one said a word the entire night. We just had thoughts for this young soul, now watching over us.


To those who wonder about the lyrics, it means;

To everybody, to all my friends
I love you, I have to leave
These are the last words
I'll ever speak
Set me freee!!!
© Copyright 2005 CeeCee (cindy26 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1034525-You-had-to-go