*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1039768-I-Loved-You-Yesterday
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1039768
A poem about letting go of what was never really love.
Yesterday when the sun was still warm on my tearstained face.When I still felt like I belonged in this place.I kept turning around, to see if you were there.Always waiting for you,wishing for you with every prayer.
I hide myself inside this crowd now with no one to save me from this dark in which i stay.But I hold my head up high and forget the beauty you used to portray.I walk on by and look at you with her, thinking how you are making such a mistake.How all the memories are still there, making my heart ache.
Still I walk away, never turning back to see if you would come after me.I know you will not, I am setting myself free.And letting go of the dream I held on to so tight.But I'll be okay, I'll be alright.Yesterday the sun finally dried my tears.And took away all my fears.
To leave me with hope for a new day.I am
starting my search for someone that will stay.
Yesterday I loved you.Today I start anew.
Yesterday is gone.So I let go of you my love, and begin to move on.
© Copyright 2005 poetrychic08 (poetrychic08 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1039768-I-Loved-You-Yesterday