*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1040997-ELLIE-AT-CHRISTMAS-TIME
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1040997
ELLIE ELEPHANT is hunting for the TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ELLIE AT CHRISTMAS TIME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bY: E.nIcOlE mY lOvE

PAGE 1
Once upon a time in the town of Peanutsville lived a little purple elephant named Ellie. Ellie lived with his mommy and daddy. Zachariah was his best friend, he was a little blue elephant. Ellie was a little second grader just like you! He loved going to school and being with all his little friends. His teacher was so very nice, and lots of fun, too. But this story is not about Ellie at school, this is about his wonderful Christmas vacation.
PAGE 2
Ellie loved Christmas time. He went out and played in the snow with Zachariah, his favorite things to do were slide down the big hills with Zachariah, build snowmen with Daddy, and decorate cookies with Mommy. The days went by quickly, yet Ellie could remember every little thing he did Little Ellie loved Christmas. The snow, the pretty lights, and being with his family. This Christmas season was sure to be a special one.

PAGE 3
Ellie opened the front door for Zachariah.
“Golly gee Ellie, it’s sold outside.” Chuckled Zachariah.
“Well, come inside and I will ask mommy to make us some hot chocolate,” said Ellie.
“Sounds yummy,” Zachariah said as he took off his coat.
PAGE 4
Ellie and Zachariah walked into the kitchen where mommy baked Christmas cookies.
“Mommy, can you please make us some hot chocolate?” Ellie asked politely
“Why, of course, I will make you and Zachariah some hot chocolate. And if you want you can eat some cookies,” Mommy said. As mommy made the hot chocolate Ellie began to think about the meaning of Christmas again.
“Zachariah do you know the true meaning a Christmas?” asked Ellie
“Golly Ellie, I don’t think I do,” Zachariah replied with an odd look on his face.
“Why? Do you know what it is?”
“No, I don’t. Mommy what is the true meaning of Christmas?”
As mommy gave them the hot chocolate she told them to go look for the meaning.
PAGE 5
“What a great idea! Ellie thought. Zachariah mom called and wanted him to come home. Ellie walked him to the door than ran back into the kitchen. Ellie slurped down his hot chocolate, gobbled down him cookie, jumped down from the table, and ran into his room.
PAGE 6
Once in his room Ellie grabbed his teddy bear.
“So Mr. Poe mouse where should we look first?” “Alright under the bed it is!”
PAGE 7
Ellie looked under his bed, old toys but no meaning of Christmas.
PAGE 8
Ellie looked in his shoe, a little sock, but no meaning of Christmas.
PAGE 9
Ellie ran into the living room. He looked under the couch, dust bunnies, but not meaning of Christmas.
PAGE 10
Ellie looked under the Christmas tree, fallen pine needles, but no meaning of Christmas.
PAGE 11
Ellie looked in the cupboard, a little mouse eating a piece of cheese, but no meaning of Christmas.
PAGE 12
Ellie looked in the laundry, dirty pants, but no meaning of Christmas.
PAGE 13
Ellie looked in the ice box, yummy food, but no meaning of Christmas.
PAGE 14
Ellie sat at the table in the kitchen.
“Mommy, I can’t find it. It’s just not here.”
“Oh honey, its here you just have to look really hard for it,” explained mommy.
Ellie picked up Mr. Poe mouse and walked back into the living room. At that same time daddy walked in the door.
PAGE 15

As daddy walked into the room Ellie ran up to him and gave him a big hug.
“Daddy, daddy, daddy, guess what I’m doing . . . . . . I’m looking for the true meaning of Christmas! Do you know what it is, Mommy told me to look for it but I can’t find it, said Ellie in the embrace of his father’s arms.
“Well, how about I help you look for it?” daddy asked Ellie
“That sounds like fun!”
As Ellie and daddy looked for the meaning of Christmas all around the house mommy made hot chocolate for her two favorite boys.

PAGE 16

“Hello Mommy!” said daddy and gave her a hug. “Would you like to help us in our adventure?”

“Why of course. What could be more fun?
PAGE 20

As Ellie lay in bed he thought all about what had gone on that day. And then he began to understand the true meaning of Christmas. Family, friends, love; it was right in front of Ellie the whole time. Now he began to understand why he couldn’t find it, because it was in his heart. The love that he had for mommy, daddy, Mr. Poe mouse, and Zachariah is something that he couldn’t see with his eyes.

PAGE 21

Ellie drifted into a deep sleep, all nestled under his snowflake blanket, and with Mr. Poe mouse. Mommy and daddy looked in Ellie’s room to see him dreaming all his precious thoughts.

PAGE 22

Good-night Ellie. Good-night Mr. Poe mouse. Good-night Zachariah.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
© Copyright 2005 -yours truly- (amiedelo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1040997-ELLIE-AT-CHRISTMAS-TIME