*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1041538-Missing-Mommy
Rated: · Short Story · Experience · #1041538
Watch for signs of illness in your parents because they're taking for granted!
This month marks the second Hoilday without my mother. My children and I used to discuss what we were going to bring to my mother's house every Thankgiving and Christmas. My children either wanted to help bake a cake or make a special dish so we show off to relatives.
My mother died of Pancreatic Cancer and it knocked all of us off of our feet because right after she had been diagnosed she died with 24 hours. After my mother birth all of her children(6 of us) she never went for a physical. She did not get a Mammogram, pap test, etc.. In other words she did not see a doctor at all!
Every year since, I started to get depressed. This year I've decided to stay home. I don't want to be around my aunts, they resemble my mother to much and I know I will be crying most of the day. I discuss this with my children and they decided to make up their minds when the day comes. On Thankgiving, my children went to my oldest sisters' house. They were fine and I bet that on Christmas they will want to visit one of their aunts, good for them.
For those who have parent that are still living, make sure that they get an physical each year and watch them closely for signs of changes in their health. I missed the signs for my mother because I took it for granted that everything was fine with her.
© Copyright 2005 character (wantingamuse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1041538-Missing-Mommy