*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042692-Witness
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1042692
A paper I wrote for a class at the Christian school I go to
I would like to start off by saying that I felt that by writing this I actually learned about myself things I already knew, but new things from other outside people were brought to my attention. My style of evangelism is definitely relational I am a strong believer in creating relationships with unbelievers to show them we are real people who live real lives and do so without shoving our religion down their throats. I have found this works amazingly in the work force my biggest example is Friendlys. I am a waitress there and I have great relationships with other employees. I have never once gone to them about religion. They have come to me! I build relationships with them, love them , and they see that my life is different they know what I believe through the way I live and also where I go to school. Many times I have been approached with questions about how I would deal with certain issues in their lives. They are all hurting their lives are so meaningless and they are searching and I have answers and when they need they come looking for those answers. Yes I do believe that can be very dangerous letting it go on for a long time but in my experiences I have never seen it go too long. It is difficult to speak what is right when they ask you things about their habits or the girlfriends or boyfriends they are sleeping with, the constant parties and getting drunk, and then they ask you what they should do about the one they love but it isn’t working out, its not always easy to tell them "Well you shouldn’t be living with them anyway". And this is where I find it most difficult to stand fast in my beliefs and just tell them things that to them will hurt. But they normally say “I know”. I am working with a girl right now named Monica and she is a die-hard atheist, or so I thought. Recently she has been asking questions. She wants to know more about becoming a christian. I have asked this girl for so long to come to church and she is finally wanting to. She has asked for a bible so we got her one, she has made numerous stops to campus and loved it and told me she really sees a difference in peoples’ lives here and she doesn’t want to follow a religion where man intercedes to God for you. It's all happening now as I type this paper, and it is very exciting that Monica is so close to accepting Christ so please keep her in your prayers!
© Copyright 2005 Supergirl (supergurl21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042692-Witness