*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1043240-The-Customer
Rated: E · Script/Play · Action/Adventure · #1043240
A bored store clerk gets more than an eyeful one ordinary night.
FADE IN:

INT. GAS STATION -- MIDNIGHT

Deserted. CLERK (20), good looking, stands on a chair and covers a security camera lens with a hanky and a wad of gum.

Crumpled up balls of paper line the counter. Alongside the cash register sits a donation jar - some change, bills inside.

CLERK V.O.
A hush falls over the crowd as our hero stands to take the winning shot.

Clerk shoots a high looper to a basket, it bounces off.

CLERK V.O.
Oh, groans the crowd. Our hero readies himself, once again.

He shoots, he scores. An imagined crowd erupts!

CLERK V.O.
The crowd goes wild! They hoist the hero above their shoulders. I am the champion.

The front door chimes.

In totters a ZOMBIE. Very pale, dark eyes, tattered clothes. Grabs a candy bar and a map.

The Clerk looks upon him, dumbstruck. He stands face to face with this guy.

The Zombie slowly presses what pockets are left, for money. He has none. He spots the, "Bike Fund for Mickey", jar.

Zombie crams his hand deep inside.

The Clerk takes a step back. The Zombie can't get his hand out of the jar - he panics.

The Clerk reluctantly grabs a hold of the jar and the Zombie pulls out his hand, presenting a dollar bill.

The Clerk hesitates, then takes the money.

EXT. GAS STATION -- CONTINUOUS

The Zombie walks outside.

Clerk follows, and watches as the Zombie careens off into the darkness. The Clerk drops to his knees.

CLERK
No one will believe me...The camera!
(Bummed, remembers what he did to the camera)
The camera.

FADE OUT.
© Copyright 2005 pennoscar (kattie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1043240-The-Customer