*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1045273-The-Way-of-the-world-My-World
Rated: 18+ · Other · Writing · #1045273
I wrote this with my heart, I'm not good at writing and not used 2 writing.com
The way of the world, My world...


It's weird the way things work out sometimes, the way life seems to find its way of slotting somebodys life into the path of another, like a never ending tidal wave; sweeps ya both off your feet and carries you both away. Life takes so many different turns, some have more turns than others and some have pretty much had straighter ways their whole life. This is what makes us who we are, this is what builds our character. On the back of a card which I got Gem's sister, it had a quote from Kurt Cobain:
"I'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who I'm not".
There are people who live this way, the good people, the honest people, the people who are true to themselves. On the other hand you have the complete opposite, the 'Fakes'... these are bad, bad people and we come across them all of the time. These are the people who ya think are your friends but when push comes to shove they dont stand by you and have very little respect for you, if at all. It takes a moment in your life, when something happens and your friendship hangs in the balance. I've had this moment several times before and each time I realise who the twats are that we need to avoid. NEVER SAY NEVER, anything can happen; a moment in the past that happened in, lets say yr 10, can arise again, lets say 3 years later... Something that you thought would never happen even though you wanted it so bad.
         Looking back on past events you may realise that somethings may seem stupid, and in some ways desperate because the one thing that you really wanted never was yours.

I can safely say that I'm so lucky, really lucky to have the greatest gift of all... A gift that I didn't work for, a gift that I didn't manipulate in any way, a gift that wasn't gifted to me, a gift that somehow connected with me in a way I never thought could be possible. Thanks to you Gem I am the happiest guy on this planet and would walk to the edge of this universe for you.


To Gemma,

Lots of love,
from Karl.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
© Copyright 2005 Monti-Karl-Oh (monti-karl-oh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1045273-The-Way-of-the-world-My-World