*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1046778-The-World-of-Oracle
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1046778
All you'll ever need to know about the world my campfire is based on.
these are the different places your character can be from.

Countries and oceans and stuff, going clockwise

The Heart - a continent in the smack dab middle, consists of four countries

Perlavaine :size 100, 000 sq miles
Capital- Crystal city
language- common
population-2,000,000
People: Perlvanians- pale to tan skin, all hair colors, body types ect. much like a canadian. generally polite,laid back, somewhat standoffish,but good natured.generally peaceful people. other than that, it varies quite a bit.

Dorne: 70,000 sq miles
Capital- Phantonac
language-common
population: 1,850,000
People- Pale to tan,general variety in looks, though there are quite a few blond haired blue eyed people. Goodnatured. think Southern hospitality mixed with british charm and poise. THey like to talk and party and joke around, love sing alongs and dances. entertainment and hospitality are a huge part of their culture.


Kulsaan :130,000 sq miles
languages- common,Kulsani, Yeshaian
Capital- Dounish
Population- 2 500 000 people
People- Kulsaani's- generally light to dark tan, brown or black hair, dark eyes. THerr is some variety from intermarraiges, but it's rare. VERY reserved, private, not very open to outsiders. Proud. different gods than the general. god of atonement is the favorite, is for punishment of the evildoer and war. are others too
Yeshai- the desert tribesmen. paler skin generally, lighter tan or olive tones. Black Hair, dark eyes generally. Very traditional and spiritual, culture is strongly tied to religion. Share same god as generally everyone else (The One God) but have a different scripture and practices, and some odd beleifs about other things. proud, tough, and peaceful, as a rule. are exceptions

Oracle - TIny counrty based around the Farsight Mountain. one city takes majority of population,but it is a big city and densly populated there is also a lot of farm land- orchards and vinyards, s well as grains and iher vegetables
500 miles sq.
population 23 000

Above the Heart is the Komian Ocean, below it the Icerdic

The Flames - Country of andiria , three islands in the north east, two with no cities, as the land isn't conducive to farming and is too hilly for building much. THere ar some monestaries, and The country is known for it's textiles, rugs, sheep, and Their martial arts. It is the least populated of all the countries. most of the people live in the cities of Point Deynan and Sterkwell. Port deynan has 10 000 and sterkwell about 7500 with the rest spread about nearbye.

Capital-Port Deynan
60 000 sq miles
pop- 24 000 people

People- Polite and friendly. Industrious, hard workers. all hair and skin and bodytypes, though they tend to be smaller. guys are agerage 5 foot seven, girls five foot two. almond shaped eyes, butin any color.

going south, you cross the Reldaric ocean, then come to...

The SHards - a grouping of islands,many small and three lare, to the south east. devided into three countries-Rone, Arnet and Bren.
Rone - 12 000 sq miles
Capital-Melyssan
population- 370 000
Arnet - 13 300 square miles
Capital-Azaral
population-308 000
Bren -9 000 square miles
capital-point Crag
population- 150 000
The people here are increadibly diverse, all colours bodytypes people groups ect. More sarker skincolors than lighter though. there isn't really a standard personality either. in the middle of the islands, there is the Ventian sea. below, is the turnic ocean

Then, to the left, is the land at the pole, called the tip . There are no cities here, but many nomadic groups of a people called the Iyruk wander the icy expanse. They are superstisious and beleive strongly in fate and mystisism. The have powerful shamans and wisewomen. The Tip is mostly ice and tundra, with a forest at the northermost point. The wholoe thing is about 90,000 miles sq.
then to the left, you find, once again, the Turnic Ocean. heading north, you find...

The Hand - to the lower left, consists of two countries Wellin and Zophia , but with a single capital called Two Crowns, as the current rulers were both sole heirs of the different countries. KNown for it's large freshwater lakes.

sise- 315 000 sq miles
pop- 7 640 000
languages-common, Manoan (think spanish, just a tad different)

People- pale to dark tan, strong tendency towars brown hair and eyes. Personalities vary, but the people have a very strong love for their Monarch's, King Simeon and Queen Anna Rose. Very patriotic.
North of the Hand, is the Reldaric ocean and...

The Lamp - a country shaped like a (you guessed it) lamp. Consists of one continent and an island (where the handle should be)
country is called Thana
-Capital- Chand
-100 000 sq miles
-population 850,000
-people- pale skin, dark hair colors (no blonds here at all), and dark eye colors. Thana is under the rule of a vicious dictator at present who advocates isolationism. Not much is known about what goes on there, or the people. The people who do escape are quite tight lipped about what they have experienced.they are intense, and if religious, adhere strictly to whatever code they ascribe to. Thana is unreligious, in that it commands total devotion to the dictator, who's name is Jaq Tyjuri. ALSO- names are very private. they wil go by a use name or nickname, but tell their real name to no one except those they trust completely.If there true name becomes generally knows, they have to go through a complicated ritual where they clense themselves of their old name and take on a new one.


Monetary
Copper bits- can buy a peice of candy, a pencil
Copper dollars- ten copper bits. one can buy you a drink, three a meal. five can gt you a nice book.

Silver bits-ten copper dollars- one will get you a blanket. Two a pair of boots, five will shoe your horse

silver dollar-ten silver bits- one will buy you a very nice formal outfit or dress, three will get you an good instrument, five a large, plain wood horse cart.

gold bit- ten silver dollars-one will buy you room and board for six months or so, depending on how nice it is.

gold dollar-ten gold bits- one will buy you a small house


The School

Oracle Academie is created to house and protect the future generation of history makers as they learn and grow. No student knows why they are there, but there are always guesses. children are given a rounded, efficient education and opportunities to study subjects of personal interest. No one knows exactly how it works, but students always end up learning exactly what they need to fulfill their purpose.

upon arriving at the school, you are given a student handbook. the following is what it contains.


The schedule

Day 1 day 2

800-900 maths science
910-1010 language and oration foreign culture
1020-1120combat and warfare nature and survival
1130-1230choice choice
1230-150 lunch lunch
200-300 free work free work
300-500 free time free time
600 dinner dinner
after dinner free time free time

each year has the core classes at a different time, so that they are working with people at their own level.free work, free time, and al meals are the same time for everyone. the rest of the schedule stays the same year to year. the classes switch day to day.


- class options: you pick two a year. Subject to change upon demand (for some reason everyone is interested in Kulsaan right now…
-drama
-art
-music
-culinary arts
-carpentry and woodworking
-architecture and design
- Kulsaani language
-Logic
-Philosophy/Theology
-World history
-Kulsaani history

Free work is basically a time that is set apart for independent learning. There are tutors available to teach you whatever you want to learn, beyond the provided curriculum.

Required things-
Books
-Lessons in Common Language, year 1 (2, 3,4 depending on age)
-Nature studies
-Mathematics, year one (2,3,4)
-World Culture

Uniform-
Boys wear grey slacks and a white linen shirt embroidered with the school crest, girls wear loose grey pants that look like a dress but allow mobility, as well as a white blouse embroidered with the school crest. Both boys and girls are given a cardigan in dark blue embroidered with the school crest, and a very warm wool coat (also dark blue) with the school crest for winter. Exercise clothing is loose pants and tunic with a cloth belt, all undyed cotton.

Responsibilities and rights
-you have the right to both company, and are responsible for maintaining your reputation and the reputations of others. opposite sex allowed in other dorm only during free time. All doors must be kept open.
-you have the right to a good nights rest. You are responsible for keeping healthy hours and helping others to do so as well. Students must be in their rooms promptly at ten o’clock, lights out at eleven.
- you have the right to go off campus in safety, and are obtaining permission to do so.
-You have the right to use all facilities, and are responsible for treating them with care.
-you have the right to the time and respect of all staff, and are responsible for treating them with courtesy.
-you Have the right to the respect and kindness of your peers, and are expected to show the same to them.
-You have the right to learn, and the responsibility to arrive on time for all classes
-You have the right to an animal, and are responsible for the care of it.
-You have the right to a comfortable, clean room of your own, but you are responsible for keeping it that way.
Priveledges
-you will get two months off in the summer, the month of December off as well. School will be cancelled during holidays, and students get the third Friday of every month off.
-each student will receive a stipend of two silver bits and three copper dollars.


here is a list of Teachers and characters that can be used by all. feel free to add as needed, also.

Weapons, combat and war teachers
Jomei Benjiro-andiria
32 years
Shaven head, dark eyes, pale skin, high cheekbones. Short and sturdy.
Quiet and laid back, unflappable, rarely shows emotion beyond polite interest.

Languages( writing reading), eloquence, public speaking
Lucia Gamble-perlavaine
53 years
Silver hair cropped at chin length, small and thin. Only slightly wrinkled, face is still beautiful, most likely stunning when she was younger. Light, young sounding voice.
The single most intimidating teacher in the whole school. Painstaingly fair, with a tounge like a whip. You never see it coming. Cannot abide stupidity or carelessness. Reminds students of a moody cat. One moment she’s purring, the next she’s hissing and scratching

Maths and sciences
Rishi (not his real name) Narain-Thana
20 years
Dark, thick hair, thick brows, pale, grey blue eyes, light tan skin. Lean and tall. an alumni of the academie
Very competent in the classroom, where he is most confident, but outside the classroom he suffers from a significant stutter, a remnant from his traumatic experiences in Thana when he was a boy. Wary and jumpy, he is very cautious, even in a safe atmosphere.

Creation and proforming arts
Kasumi Koto-andiria,
25
Long black hair, light skin, dark, expressive eyes. Small, slightoly rounded in a good way.
Intensely spirited, seems to leak creativity and inspire others around her. Talented at every form of fine art there is.
Teague Guerin-Bren
29
Big, Tall, well built, dark, ebony black skin, black eyes, beautiful smile, deep bass voice.
Very fun to be around. Dramatic and playful, dry sense of humor, eternally patient. A wonderful actor. Gallant, courtly manners.

Cleric of the Holy One: Ab’eh (title, like “father”) Sinjin Lerik , also music teacher. From Rone
40 years
Slightly pudgy, cheerful, friendly face, brown hair, blue eyes, rosy cheeks and lips. Quite goodlooking in a hobbit sort of way.
A truly good person. Treats every student like a son or daughter. Plays anything and is a wonderful baritone. His voice is deep and rich.

Nature and survival teacher (as well as Headmaster)
Sage Woodson - Oracle
40
Blonde hair, Blue eyes, wide, happy looking face. tall and strong, looks big but it’s muscle.
A real leader. Quietly charismatic, sensible and intelligent. Kind and interested with the students

Steward (cares for grounds and stables and is in charge of the servants)
Kai Galen -arnet
20
Blond hair in dreds, yellow green eyes, average size and weight, tan skin
Hard working, with a sense of fun. Appreciates hard work and a good joke. Loves to tease.


more about the school

I wish I could upload a map of the grounds, but I don't know how I would do that, so I'll just describe it for you.

Basically, the place is built like a fort. It is located in the south east end of Oracle City. It has high, tan brick walls and a big wooden door at the front and the back.

at each corner is a tower. each tower is for housing different people.

Northwest corner- boys dorm
Northeast""- girls dorm
Southwest- teacher's
southeast- tutors and other staff.

all the dorms have a common room on the main floor. in the girls and boys dorms, there are also two rooms on the main floor which house the prefects. (there are two prefects each year, upper students who supervise the dorms)there are two floors above the main floor, each with twelve rooms and a public bathroom. Each child has his/her own room.


library and classroom building are along the west wall


practice courts and indoor courts are along the east wall.

coming in the front gate and going straight will lead you to the courtyard/garden, which is in front of the temple. behind the temple, in the middle of the grounds, is the food court. beyond the food court is the Barn, and right behind it is a corral and some pens.

The road that leads to the front door is Academie Road, and it will lead you back to town. Academie road has all the shops where you can get your supplies and fun places like cafes and stuff.

the road from the back door is basically a trail. it leads to the woods, and also curves around the the house where Sage Woodson lives with his wife Meadow and their pack of children.




The grades-

For the most part, you enter the school ( as a firster) when you are thirteen or fourteen. They do not like to take student's too early, or too old and usually Headmaster Sage will fight against taking younger students. However, the oracle has once or twice been quite insistent that a student be taken no matter what their age is. The youngest age on record is that Of Seraphine Benami. the oldest was a young man named Briard McFale, who was sixteen.

General ages for the other grades

Segunder- fourteen or fifteen

Thirder- sixteen or seventeen

Upper-seventeen or eighteen



© Copyright 2005 Ebie Grey Eyes (ebie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1046778-The-World-of-Oracle