*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1048157-A-Last-Note-of-Melancholy
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Melodrama · #1048157
I wrote this interpreting Chopin's Nocturne in C Sharp into words. 3rd person view.
A Love sincerely and succinctly to indefinite proportions of compassion and patience will never come. Cry for the lonely who speak no words, but just whimper without a single breath. Hope is all that is left, yet even that is but a whisper and a shadow amongst the falling leaves of the torn, desolate soul.

The melancholy are left without a single glimpse of faith to somehow live with only a shard of the broken mirror of joy. Inaudible screams of pure pain and past memories of the devoid bend every thought into that broken mirror that is still shattering and piercing the lonely heart, and shroud the entire world with a sickly emotion of dread. Care to dance the last dance of doom? Care to slip away into the depth of night? Slowly taking every step without reluctance and with a sense of solace and distraught as you dance a depressing doppio. Smiling at the seemingly sincere happiness you shall once again thankfully feel for that time is coming that you’ve waited for, for so long.

You look through the pale curtains that dance and glide with you into the waiting impetuous, stormy night as you drink your sick wine from the cup of mortality. You see your last lonely breath leaving your longing forsaken soul that rises into the enchanted night and disappears into the celestial and empyrean sky of hopeful and endearing clouds that rain down onto your forever falling frail corpse. You see yourself embody Hope and are surrounded by angels of eternity. You find yourself seeing all and feeling the entire universe of creation. But that is just an avid dream that has already desiccated from your morose tears. It is all but a relished illusion that will never come just like your Love. All that is left is the inevitable and long awaited end that beckons you with all its potent puissance.

One last sharp cold breath to endure as you stand on the balcony of bleakness. One last slow sip of wine as the numbness pulses through your darkening mind. One last piercing pain that punctures your fading heart as you remember your Love. One last fateful step to drown all your deep sorrows in the alluring oceans of euphoric eternity.

Finally you feel the sick harmony flowing through your entire body as you fall to your knees and take that last glance at the beautiful dark clouds of destiny and drop into the deep ocean of darkness into the depths of forever to finally see, and remember that one thing that only ever mattered, and was all that you desired……Love.
© Copyright 2005 Richard L. Jones (echidna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1048157-A-Last-Note-of-Melancholy