*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1049091-Playing-in-Traffic
Rated: · Essay · Emotional · #1049091
What goes on in my mind...
Don’t be fooled. I have the capability of kicking you after you have fallen. In an attempt to fulfill my desires, I use greed as my weapon. Only one disease-envy-plagues me. I give you no opportunity to stab me and make your mark. I laugh, as you cry. I hate, as you love. I live on my power and your weaknesses and you live on me. I kill, and you die. I can only hate you. You can only love me for my hate.



Don’t be fooled. I scoff at your pain and your emotions are my toys. I will use you to my advantage. The things that cause you pain are the same things that my games are made up of. Don’t be fooled. I love the power. I would never trade power for love. Only love for power. And even power, soon, will no longer exist: I will consume it.



I never lose, and you never win. You don’t even play the game, and in not playing, you become my pawn. Even if you played the game, you wouldn’t win. I always win. Traffic is my playground. Move, or allow yourself to get run over.



The game is over and you have surrendered. Are you dead yet?



Don’t be fooled. I perfect the human image. In my eyes, you are ugly. I set out, from the beginning, to correct that. In your eyes, I am beautiful. You do not see that the only beauty living in me exists in my love for power and my determination to obtain it.



I am power. Power has fallen in silence. I have fallen for beauty



I am weakness. Weakness can only show eventually. I have done the unspeakable. I am on the street. I am playing in traffic. I have allowed myself a stab in the back and given to the fear of disloyalty and suspicion. I have fallen in silence for innocence and good and forever. I have fallen for perfection trapped in the body of the unblemished. I have fallen for beauty, and flattered it with suitable words. My love, for once, is unrequited, and only I am left to bleed. In the end, I have only managed one thing.



You should be relieved. I have done the unspeakable.



I have fooled only myself.

© Copyright 2005 FeatherPaged (featherpaged at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1049091-Playing-in-Traffic