*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1050260-Contructive-Criticism
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Column · Experience · #1050260
This is a column about constructive criticism
On the bed I lay, my heart cries a painful moan. I give up on life. Insecurity becomes my moon because of a nasty comment someone told me which led me to feel depressed. Silence becomes my favorite instrument. My joy, courage, determination drifts off, turning into black, creating a tattered soul. Drips of tear won't ever go way. My face is wrapped with all my depressing tears displaying a gloom mask of despair. Jealousy dances with my heart when I look at the other, especially those younger then me. The only thing to do is sighing. Sigh the life is so unfair.

Sometimes a constructive criticism gives us an angry mood. The criticism drowns us in hopelessness and discouragement. Instead of taking the initiative to thank that person, we reply with a nasty comment. We are blinded from the positively that all we see is negative. We fail to understand that we are not perfect. Yes god gave us a gift, our talent, yet he gave us the paintbrush to create, to finish it off. Think of life as a pyramid of success. We must start at the bottom in order to be at the top. It's impossible to reach at the top, unless we cheat with plagiarism like a hiker can cheat with an air-balloon. My most favorite quote written from an anonymous person is "If your to big to take criticism then your too small to take applause." In other words, if you feel so self-indulged to accept criticism then you’re not worthy to be applauded. Remember critique is what helps us. Consider yourself lucky if you get a constructive criticism because that person went out their way to help you.

Even I sometimes get nasty critiques but instead of cussing those out I respond by saying "Thanks for your opinion". No matter how dark their opinion is remember it's only their opinion. They see your art in a different way while others may see it in a lighter way. Your goal shouldn't be to prove you are the best but to reach to perfection. Every nasty criticism should be used to make your art better. The best gift you can give back to that person is showing them you understand by fixing your piece. After you’re done editing your work, you will learn another lesson. You will see how much that person's comment made your art seems great. Because of them you will gain, knowledge, confidence, and trophies. It's not going to take a year or two; it will take probably your whole life to reach perfection.

Also don't let jealousy get into your heart, because of the fact their own is way better then yours. Age, height, weight, skin color, has nothing to do with perfection but experience, knowledge and the comments you accepted does. Just know that poets like Shakespeare had some hard battles he had to face but he used them as a guide, a key to open the door of the next level. Don't be like that person who was me a minute ago. Remember: CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS GOOD.
© Copyright 2005 Aurielle (aurilittle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1050260-Contructive-Criticism