*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1051234-Caught-in-the-Middle
by sezmo
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1051234
This is the start of a story I've been writing, please enjoy it and leave a comment.
Chapter 1!

“Let’s have a girly weekend!” I say to mum while she’s pouring her herbal tea into a little china cup. Dads having a boys weekend in London with my drippy brother Wayne, so I don’t see why me and mum shouldn’t have a girly weekend!
“It’ll be loads of fun, please?” I plead, literally on bended knee!
“No, not now love, I need some rest,” says mum, wearily. She would usually jump at this idea, especially when fun was mentioned!
“Why not?” I ask, determined
“Because I say so!” says mum hurriedly and then dashes out of the room.
I hear her run to the bathroom and be violently sick! She was never usually like this, well not before Mark came into the picture (I don’t even think dad knows about him yet!)
“Are you ok mum?” I shout, ever so polite.
“Just tummy ache, nothing to worry about, I’m going out in a minuet, so do the dishes while I’m out, ok?” she coughs from inside the toilet.
“Ok, where are you going,” I say, hoping she wouldn’t say……………
“Marks!” she shouts “if that’s ok with miss bossy boots!”
“I’m not going to answer that!” I screech. She’s always over at his! Well, when dads not around anyway.
“Now, you start on the dishes,” she says (still in the toilet)
I clatter into the kitchen and spot the pile of dishes in the corner. Just as I walk over and start scraping at the filthy casserole dish from last night, I hear mum creep out of the bathroom and dash upstairs to her room. Probably to slap on some lippy and try and comb her hair into submission!
About 10mins later she walzes into the room, just like I thought, covered in makeup. You’d think she was going to a ball or something!
“Right I’m off, you’ll be alright on your own won’t you?” she asks, but then walks out the room without my answer. I hate it when parents do that, ask you a questain and then walk off before you can even answer! It’s sooooo annoying!
I hear the door shut, and then there I am, home alone, I might aswelll make the most of it. I drop the casserole dish back into the overflowing water; I’ve decided I’ll do it later. I think about it, its 20 past 7 now, and mum won’t be back till around midnight so that gives me at least 4 hours!
I sprint upstairs, turn left and end up in mum’s room. I rummage recklessly through her make up draw, I try on a bit of her blusher glancing edgily at myself in her mirror, then I try on some mascara, and some more and some more. Then I go mad, sticking on anything I can grab! Her shiny red lipstick, her new funky dress even her brand new platforms!
© Copyright 2005 sezmo (sezmorules at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1051234-Caught-in-the-Middle