*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1052017-Drum-Circle
by Raven
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #1052017
A piece about the traditions of a Native American Powwow.
Drum Circle

The drum throbbed with the beat of the Mothers Heart. The dancers flowed and the singers chanted. Flutes played the songs of birds, and the Great Spirit was honored in all things.
Children dressed in bright colors of the open plains danced with bells attached to their shoes. The woodland tribes were dressed in forest greens and browns,. They came together to share their traditions through the bond of the drum.
Ancient rhythm of our forefathers ties the hearts of the people together through the past, present and into the future. Though our tribes be different, in the circle of fire we stand as one.
Flames rose high in the center, lit by the fire keepers clan. They gathered the wood and swept the circle clear of branches and rocks so the dancers could be free in their abandon.
The dancers recalled the days before the Europeans crossed the sea to these shores. Their footsteps treading gently on the skin of Mother Earth, their dance in honor of the balance that which once was, and can be again.
The drummers beat with the tempo of their ancestor’s spirit, bringing the people together and calling to those of the same blood. Theirs the sacred duty of carrying on the traditions passed down from generation to generation. Theirs the bond of the drum.
The elders danced more slowly, but they were what the drum circle really was about. They carried the traditions forward, teaching the younger of the ways of the tribe.
The dance went on until the last left the circle, the drums never silent until the world itself comes to an end.
© Copyright 2006 Raven (ravenbear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1052017-Drum-Circle