*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1052447-Angel-Prophesies-Intro
Rated: E · Novel · Religious · #1052447
Introduction to the first book (Dark Guardian) in the trilogy called Angel Prophesies


Who watches the watchers?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
[Ancient Latin Saying.]

Jehovah stood upon the seventh mountain of Heaven in a blizzard of ice and snow. His eyes were fire, and his feet were molten bronze. Circling his head were Ophanine Angels with golden wings singing in high soprano voices. Jehovah held out his right arm and raised the sun over the sixth, pearled mountain. From his hand was released a single white dove that became a host of small Angels robed in the broken prism of light; upon their shields were written Watchers for their eyes were enormous globes that saw far and wide.

"Call the Arch Angels, for upon this day, the soul of a child will be loosed from Heaven and placed into the keep of the Dark Guardian. This is the beginning of the End of Times. Tell the white robed priests who stand guard at the central gates to open the inner sanctum and pass out the sacred blades of Angels to every order, even the Fallen Angels from olden times. And Gabriel is to be given the Seven Seals of the Apocalypse along with his great horn." God said.

"Shall we call upon Michael?" The Watchers asked.

"Michael is already aware; he has waited for this day a very long time."

And this was surely true, for the Army of Heaven stood at attention in rank and file across the divided sky above. Michael held the soul of a child in one hand and his radiant sword in the other.

All of the Prophets had already left Heaven. Elijah had gone by the Northern path; Mohammad by the East, and through the Southern gate Moses pursued Raziel, the Angel of Secrets, for he had betrayed Heaven.

The Watchers then bowed their heads and flew off through the Western Gate where the Son of God sat upon a white steed.

"Must we start this war?" Jesus said.

"It was started long ago." Jehovah replied, and his voice was light that split open the sky. And below could be seen a field of flowers set atop a middle world. The bodies of children lay frozen, staring up into the sky with lifeless eyes.


© Copyright 2006 Alan Huffman (teknique at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1052447-Angel-Prophesies-Intro