*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054089-Up-North
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1054089
The story of a girl, who comes in contact with an animal that will save her life.
I awoke. My eyes opened to see the cold snow that lye below me. Then they saw something else, the wolf. It was still there, watching me. As it stared at me I stared back. It's eyes, hypnotised my gaze. But the sound of a beaver's tail awoke me. I was scared of it, but in the same way I felt safer than I ever had. I got up and streached my stiffened body. I tried to remember what had happened before, but my memory wouldn't say. Maybe it was to painfull to remember. I looked around. I didn't know which way to go, which way to turn. So I just walked in what ever way I felt like. I heard footsteps behind me. I looked to see the wolf following me close behind. But I kept walking. "i know what I'll call you," I said, "Evergreen" It made a face to show that it understood me.
I was getting weary, I had walked for to long. I layed down in the snow. Evergreen took a long walk far from me till he got back to our path. But, he kept walking. Just then I realized that a wolf doesn't just follow a human around. The only logical reason why it was 'following' me was probably just because it new what way to go, and this was his way. But a short while later, Evergreen came back with berries in his mouth. He didn't come to close to me, just close enough so I could see what he set down in the snow. My mouth watered. I really wanted something to eat. I got on my knees and crowled over to where he had set them down. Every step I took he took one away. I guess he wasn't so comfortable. Now, i really didn't know why he was following me. But I suppose that it wasn't only that I needed him, but the fact that he needed me.
© Copyright 2006 Ellen Stone (el200404 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054089-Up-North