*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054097-Tarx-Prologue
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #1054097
A prologue
“What on earth are you talking about!” My commander roared “You can’t leave the army!”
“Yes I can.” I replied calmly, “I’ve been here for ten years now. I’ve done my time. I would stay, but I haven’t been duly promoted since I got here. I’m still stuck right down the bottom as a private.”
“You will regret leaving.” The commander said quietly seething with fury, “Your life will be in much danger if you leave.”
“It's in danger now,” I tried not to sweat, “I'm getting too old for the type of physical work I am being assigned.”

That was a fateful day, twelve years ago. Many things have happened since. Some I would speak of, some I would not. What ever happened, the fight between the Tarx and the humans went on. I hear they’re drafting young men now. Any able male who is between the age of eighteen and twenty-eight. I don’t know why they chose twenty-eight for the limit. There is hardly ever an obvious reason to the human government’s (no one knows it’s proper name now) action. I guess that’s just a part of their large scheme. No one knows what the scheme is either.

I think the Tarx just want to be left alone. They hardly ever show them selves. That’s why the human government wants to wipe them out. The government shows no tolerance for weakness now. They never really did, but it’s starting to get ridiculous. Reminds me what I read in history class in school about the ancient maniac, Adolf Hitler. But that’s not what you came to hear about. You want to hear about the Tarx-Human war.
Shannon Johan is a good man to tell about…
© Copyright 2006 Andrelj (andrelj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054097-Tarx-Prologue