*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054525-The-Storm-Chapter-One
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1054525
Two people just being there for each other in turbulent time.
He enjoyed being with her, she wasn't always chattering away. Of course it was because she was much older than he was, and his aquiantances. She looked... good though.....on that thought he apprehended his mind.
It was starting to rain and lightning flashed across the sky. The plane jostled and rocked around, it was tough riding. He looked over at her, she looked a little worried. He leaned over and smiled at her,"It will be okay." "I feel so much better..." she said on a sarcastic note.
The pilot was instructing them to buckle their seatbelts, and forewarned them of upcoming turblence ahead. On a somber note he further instructed them to stay calm and in their seats. She felt a little nervous but it was okay.
Lightning darted across the sky and hit the plane. The passengers were getting a little restless wondering what was going to happen. The plane flew on for a short distance as though nothing had happened, but then the plane jerked and they were crashing. The plane roared. Oh God! What was happening? They were going to die!
She looked over at Aaron as the plane roared to the ground, and passengers screamed in terror. He looked into her eyes and reached over and took her hand. "It'll be okay baby, I'm here for you." Tears filled her eyes and spilled over. He reached over,and with his thumb he wiped them away. Looking into his eyes she saw no fear there. "It's okay baby.....it's going to be okay." She believed him.
"Later today we are going to get our rooms, go out to eat....maybe some dancing.......Do you like to dance"? "Yes I like to dance."
He lifted her hand to his lips, and kissed her hand. He trembled just a bit, but got control quickly. One minute the plane was crashing and the next,the pilot had the plane under control and was reassuring them that they were going to be making an emergency landing. The passengers were clapping for joy.
"So we have a date"? he said laughing her hand still at his lips. "Yes it's a date" "Thank-God"! she said. "Yes Thank-God" he agreed.
THE END
© Copyright 2006 Treasure/Morgan (treasuremorgan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054525-The-Storm-Chapter-One