*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054583-Dave-and-Shelly
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1054583
This beginning of the end for Dave and Shelly.
         Dave woke to the deafening sound of something slamming against his bedroom wall with no rest. His bed lacked the presence of his wife but where her body laid was still warm. Walking down the hallway Dave felt a cool breeze splash across his chest. Leaving the hallway behind Dave turned to see his front door wide open and his wife standing three feet out the door. “What are you doing honey?” sprang from his lips. As he walked up behind her she replied, “Nothing, just enjoying the view. I doubt I’ll ever see this again.” She turned and pointed to the side of the house. A stream of water was shooting out of what was once a fire hydrant. “So that’s what woke me up.” Dave walked out passed his porch, looked around his front yard and turned toward his wife. “Shelly. Did you call 911?” Shelly seemed to wake from a coma and gave a dirty eye to Dave. “Of course I tried. It’s been busy the past fifteen minutes.” Dave looked back to the flowing water. “Call them again."
         Shelly pulled a cordless phone from her robes front pocket and hit the redial button. A busy sound came back through the speaker. “Still busy Dave.” Shelly put the phone back in her pocket and walked out to where Dave was standing. The sun was just getting midway into the sky. Its shining life gave an orange hue to the neighborhood. The street was lined with two story town homes. Between each set was a driveway. All were the color brown. Dave reached out and rubbed his back. “Well I guess there’s nothing to be done about this right now. Let’s go inside.” Dave and Shelly started to walk back towards their front door when a scream jerked both the attention back towards the other town homes on the street.
         The scream faded. Dave and Shelly again tried to make it back into there house when the sound of screeching tires brought their attention back to the road. Seconds later a car came shooting down the street. As it came into view Dave and Shelly could see the driver was covered in blood. Driving insanely fast, the car jumped the curb and speed across their front yard. As the car passed them the driving through the rolled up window scram, “Run!”
         Dave and Shelly quickly moved back into their house and locked the door. “What was that?” Dave fell into his couch. Shelly sat down next to him. “I’m pretty sure that was Nancy Shattuck’s boy.” Dave looked at Shelly. “Of course it was Mike. What about the blood and the insanity?” Shelly smiled. “Too much meatloaf?”
© Copyright 2006 Josh Gotro (joshgotro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054583-Dave-and-Shelly