*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054898-Dear-Grandfather
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1054898
A Letter from grandson to Grandfather.
Dear Grandfather,

I am sorry I didn't see you more often. The truth is, I was scared. Scared that every time I saw you, I would see that a little more of you has died. Now that you're truly gone, I wish I could have had one last conversation with you. I would tell you about how I love being your grandson and how wonderful my children are growing up. I would tell you about how happy they are to be alive. I would bring them to you so you could hold your first great grandchild. I would bring them to you so you could laugh and enjoy how special they are.

For the rest of my life I resolve to be as kind and generous as you were. You were a blessed man. I think life didn't turn out the way you would've liked it to, but despite the setbacks and hard times, you still found ways to experience joy and took pleasure in the simple things.

You and I didn't agree on many things, but I always respected your opinion. You had a logical reason for your decisions and ideas, and I appreciate that you respected me enough to explain why I should or shouldn't do certain things. I also appreciate that you allowed me to make my own choices and not dictate how my life should go. I didn't always make the right choice but I did learn from my mistakes.

Please rest in peace knowing that I have a loving wife, wonderful children and a comfortable life where we never have to worry and that we can afford a good life.

I love and miss you. You are always in my heart.
© Copyright 2006 Yogsothoth (yogsothoth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054898-Dear-Grandfather