*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054957-Battlestar-Galactica--The-Meaning-Within
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1054957
Writers, Performers and the messages they send to us through the characters.
We are Human beings and we've done the same thing in the past. We are not a very pretty race. Its shows like Battlestar Galactica that parallel such evil's and help us see how ugly we can all be. We create shows and call these people "Cylons" because it gives us that comfortable gap of innocence to say them instead of us. We have done very depraved things in our own real history that are equal to what Cylons have done. It is good that you understand that this is very wrong. We should all think this way.

As far as Cylons go. My brother is an AI programmer, working hard to create a machine much like a Cylon. I cannot advertise his site here but feel free to E-Mail me about it. A Cylon may be a machine but look at what is happening... Boomer is having a child with a human, the Cylons begin to show feelings. These "androids" bleed blood and they die the way we do. I think this is a message to us. We are not looking at a Cylon. When you see a Cylon, you are looking into our past.

"We cannot hide from the things we have done," -Adama, First Episode.

A message given to a fictional character is now passed onto us as viewers, not just the fictional crew of the Galactica. These are smart people we are dealing with. The writers and actors that bring us this show are giving us a message in their own way . Look deeper into the meaning of our writers and performers and discover the true message within. Some of what we are seeing is not as science fiction as we think or would like to believe.

Sincerely,
-Bryan Holland
© Copyright 2006 B.A. Holland (writerbryan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1054957-Battlestar-Galactica--The-Meaning-Within