*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1055518-Me-and-my-heart
by raj
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1055518
one's argument with his heart.a piece written for 'dialogue500' contest.
[ the heart says that written in italics ]


Hey, mind looking to your right?
Do you realize that people consider me a fool when you start talking to me like this, in the middle of another conversation?
Well, that is the case otherwise too. Huh…
Could we discuss this later please? Right now I find myself in much exalted a company to waste my time continuing with you.
Exactly… and that’s where you don’t belong. You’d rather be talking to me than these feigning patricians.
Pardon me Sir, could you just repeat your last sentence…
See! You are not listening to them. you are not as concerned as you show yourself to be. What matters to you more… is that she is looking at you right now.
No, she is not…
O yes, She is. She’s looking at me and if she’s looking at me, she’s looking at you. C’mon now, look at her.
This is a mistake.
Yes, a beautiful one .Err…for once, err. Go ahead, look at her. Right…Now…now, don’t you dare disturb that gaze.
See ! See ! She looked away.
Just to ascertain that she is not being noticed. Pulchritude as of hers is sure to attract attention. Just wait…
What is going on? She refused me years ago…
Does it really matter? You never stopped thinking about her.
But…
Hey! … Now look at her. Gosh! She’s smiling at you.
Huh..
Smile back. You dimwit… smile back… That’s more like it.
Doesn’t it stop here?
Go and talk to her.
Oh no. I don’t. I haven’t talked to her since that day. I don’t have anything to talk to her.
Just go…She’s…She’s turning around.
So what do I do?
‘What do I do?’ You waited for this all these days and now you ask ‘ What do I do?’ You wanted to tell her something, didn’t you?
I know you better than you think. You’ll never lose hope. That’s what a heart is meant to do. But there are sometimes you don’t let your heart take over. Especially when you care about someone else’s heart.
There is not much left to tell. She knows it all. She smiles at me today, not because she knows that I still love her, but because she knows that she does not love me. I know her. She is stronger than you think. Widowhood within a year of marriage…but she never shared her sorrows with me.
Maybe you’re right.
I am.
Sorry for being rude to you. But you are the only friend I have today. Hope you understand.
I have no other choice. I have no one else to beat for. huh…

word count: 442




© Copyright 2006 raj (rajeev_vasani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1055518-Me-and-my-heart