*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1057328-Lilith
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1057328
The story of the mother of vampires!!
In the Beginning, God created the Heaven and the Earth and on the sixth day, he created Man. And the Man, known to God as Adam, needed a companion. From the Earth whence came the Man, God created the companion and Adam named her Lilith.

Lilith was created to walk in the Garden with Adam and to keep him company as he went about his task of naming the animals, and the plants, and all things within the Garden. As instructed, they could eat of all the trees but the one of Knowledge.

Lilith was as bright as Adam and would often make suggestions as to the names of the animals herself. Adam would laugh and disregard her suggestion. Each day his laughter would cause her pain and the beginnings of anger.

Lilith had disregarded their Lord and had eaten of the fruit of Knowledge. She had left her husband’s side and eaten it in defiance. She knew that she was the smarter of the two and the only of them worthy of the task set upon Adam by the Lord.

She felt not shame for her nakedness and would not let Adam see that her view on the world had changed. One day while they were apart in the Garden, Lilith took it upon herself to name one of the creatures. It crawled close to the ground and made whispering noises to her.

“I shall call you ‘serpent’.”

With that said, she picked up the creature and petted it on the head. A mighty Voice was heard around her,

“You have named an animal in your husband’s stead and you have eaten from the fruit of Knowledge.”

Adam was by her side then and God appeared before them. He told Adam of his wife’s indiscretions and proclaimed that she should be banished from the Garden forever. She was not to live forever and would never know the love of another human.

After her banishment, God created Eve, and Adam named her as the first Woman as God had created her from the rib of Man.

And on the Seventh Day, God rested.


Lilith knew no rest. As she did not know how to cultivate the land, she was given to scrounging and eating the flesh of the uncooked fish she caught in streams. As her hunger grew, so did her anger. To make matters worse, she was lonely.

She would never know the love of a human, but there were other creatures that she could ‘love’. She decided that the child she would bear would rise up and kill man and his wife and his children and his children’s children, for now she knew of Adam and Eve’s banishment from the Garden.

Her first attempts at birthing a child were successful. To the bird, she bore the Gryphon, to the snake came the Hydra, from the cattle in the fields came the Minotaur and many others. As the centuries wore on, Lilith had come to be known by many names including Akidna, Mother of all Monsters to the Greeks.

While her children were successful in terrorizing man and his children and their children, the children she bore were defeated one by one by the animal she called man.

Her first truly successful child came when she lay with an alpha wolf by the moonlight. By night her child ran with the pack and slaughtered man’s flocks and man himself. By day, when man’s eyesight was better, her child would become one of the men, taking on their appearance. As he was barren as all her children had been, his seed was spread through blood and spittle. A scratch or bite would add another child to her family.

Her ultimate and final child came with lying with a creature not of the earth. A demon came to her and thanked her for the name she had given him in the Garden. He had been the serpent and because he had been grateful, he tempted Eve into eating of the Tree of Knowledge.

Lilith and the Demon lay together and their spawn became a creature of the night. It fed on human blood alone and like the Werewolf could transfer it’s seed to another human through blood and spittle.

Both sides of her family were strong and proud and both claimed themselves as the true children of Lilith. In time they regarded each other as family only for her sake.

It had come time for Lilith to die. The Werewolves wanted her to be returned to the sacred earth while the Vampires wanted to convert her to stay with them forever. Lilith could not contain either side and a war broke out. Each side fought to the death diminishing their ranks. When only a few remained, they finally realized their mother had passed and neither had the opportunity to see it.

The Werewolves took the body and sanctified it to the ground. Then the two sides separated with an uneasy truce.

Since that time, whenever a Werewolf and a Vampire meet, there is bloodshed.
© Copyright 2006 bakerdunn (carladunn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1057328-Lilith