*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1057605-Konstanze-and-Lord-Countersby
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1057605
It's about a girl who was rescued. This is a work in progress.
Okay, you'll have to forgive me. Yet again am i adding an unfinished peice of work. But if you really like my work, you'll just have to get over it, and continue checking in on this story. Although, at the moment, I am working on a LOT of stories. (I think its over 30. Crazy I know, but it doesn't matter) So this story might not be added, or edited, or whatnot, for a while. PLEASE FORGIVE ME!! Well I'll shut up now, and let you read the story (if you're still interested). Please rate and review, so I can get some ideas of how to make this story better for the readers.




*****



She hated being locked up in this cell, like she was some kind of animal. She hated all the men, coming to see if she was worthy of carrying their children. She tended to act like she was possessed when the men came. After all, no man would want a possessed woman to carry their child.

The carers found it funny that she’d be as quiet as a lamb when no men were there, but as soon as a man walked into her cell she’d scream as loudly as she could. She found it rather entertaining as well; the way a look of horror would suddenly spring to cover their faces.

But now, as yet another man walked into her cell, and she screamed and tugged furiously at her long black hair, she noticed that this man’s face didn’t cloud over with horror. He was younger than all the others, his blue-black hair fell freely to his shoulders, and his piercing grey-eyed stare was directed straight at her own piercing gaze. He looked no older than twenty.

She stopped tugging at her hair as she realised that it would take more than the possessed act to deter this man, and then she also stopped screaming as she saw the look of humor in his eyes and the slight twitch at the corner of his mouth.

The man walked over to where she stood and held out his hand. She ran her eyes over his well toned body as she slowly extended her own hand.

‘How old are you girl?’ the man asked grabbing her hand and inspecting her longish nails for grime.

‘Sixteen,’ she replied menacingly, twisting her hand out of his grasp with exceptional speed and catching him off guard. ‘And how old are you sir?’

He laughed. ‘Well, actually miss. I’m twenty today. My mother sent me here for a wife.’

‘Oh really,’ she stated and raised an eyebrow towards the carer standing in the doorway. ‘You realise you’re in the wrong place then, don’t you?’

He scratched his chin as if thinking it over. ‘No. I’m defiantly in the right place,’ He smiled. ‘What’s your name?’

‘Konstanze Brannan,’ she stated proudly, looking him in the eye. ‘And what’s your name sir? Could it possibly be Desperate?’

‘Very funny,’ he said smiling still and holding out his hand again. ‘But no, my name is Lord William Countersby of the Southern Mountains. Pleased to meet you.’

‘Well Lord Countersby,’ she said ignoring his outstretched hand. ‘That’s a long way to travel just to have this conversation. Tell me Lord Countersby, what do you want with me?’

‘What do you mean?’ he asked dropping his hand to his side.

‘I am naught but a sixteen year old girl, inexperienced in the bed. If you are looking for experienced women, they are in the next corridor.’ She replied and promptly dismissed him by turning her back to him and looking out her small, barred window.

He laughed at that. ‘Miss Brannan, I think that you may have misinterpreted my actions. I am not looking for a bed partner. I am looking for a woman who knows how to sew and cook and who can read and wield a weapon.’

‘I can cook and sew and read, Lord Countersby, but I cannot wield a weapon.’

‘Not even a dagger?’

‘A dagger is a defence mechanism for women, Lord Countersby, not a weapon.’ She stated, still looking out the window. ‘You can go now.’

‘Of course,’ he replied, bowed to her back and left the cell.


*****


Lord Countersby waited until the elderly carer shut and locked the cell door before telling the carer he wished to propose a deal.

‘Of course sir,’ the carer replied. ‘Please follow me to the office.’

‘We need go no further,’ William replied. ‘How much do you wish for her?’

‘Three malins.’

‘Fine,’ William dug around in his money bag and eventually pulled out three gold coins. ‘Here.’

‘Thank you sir,’ the carer said and quickly snatched the money out of his hand before he could change his mind. ‘Please wait a minute while I get the girl.’


*****


Konstanze was still standing at the window when she heard the door open again. She turned around as the carer entered the cell, and she started to protest when she saw that the carer was moving towards her cupboard.

‘What are you doing?’ she asked moving towards the carer.

‘Packing your stuff,’ the carer replied. ‘Now hurry up and get all that you’ll need.’

‘Why?’

‘Because you are leaving.’

‘What?’ Konstanze asked, shocked. ‘What do you mean?’

‘I mean that you are no longer staying here. You have been bought.’

‘Oh,’ Konstanze said, and still in shock, started to help the carer pack her things.


© Copyright 2006 chickfest (chickfest at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1057605-Konstanze-and-Lord-Countersby