*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1057802-Better-Man
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1057802
Sam reflects on her relationship with Pete. (Stargate SG1 fanfiction)
Title - Better Man
Author - Nemesis
Chapter - 1 /1
Rating- FRC
Content Warning - None
Spoilers- Threads This is an AU though so I changed some stuff around.
Archive - ff.net, writing.com, anywhere else please do but just drop me a note and let me know where.

Disclaimer: Not mine...no money is being made. The song is Better Man by Pearl Jam.

A/N: Every time I hear it I think of Sam so I figured I'd try to write something. Thank you SeaChanter and Sammi for checking this over! The song is in italics.

Samantha Carter turns on the radio and hears a song she remembers Cassie talking about and decides to listen to it as she drives to Pete's house. Another song came on as she turned onto his street. She parks her car in the driveway and is about to turn the engin off when a few words of the new song catches her attention.

..she lies and says she's in love with him, can't find a better man... she dreams in color, she dreams in red, can't find a better man... can't find a better man, can't find a better man ohh...


She sits back in her seat and looks up at the house. She thinks about Pete.
“I do love him” she says to out loud herself.
‘But are you in love with him?' That little annoying voice in the back of her head speaks up.
"Yea..it doesn't matter. The song was talking about someone who hasn't found a better man."

...talkin' to herself, there's no one else who needs to know... she tells herself, oh... memories back when she was bold and strong and waiting for the world to come along... swears she knew it, now she swears he's gone...

‘But you have found a better man.' An image of Jack O'Neill pops into her head. She sighs and leans her head back.
"He doesn't love me. He's with someone else."
‘First time I heard of her was after you told him about Pete.'
"But maybe he just.." She sighs again.
‘Pete deserves someone who will love him like you do Jack.'

...she lies and says she's in love with him, can't find a better man... she dreams in color, she dreams in red, can't find a better man... she lies and says she still loves him, can't find a better man... she dreams in color, she dreams in red, can't find a better man...

Looking back at the house she knows what she has to do. She turns off the car, gets out and walks to the door. She is about to knock when the door opens.

"Sam, I thought you were going to sit out there forever. I was just.." Before he can say anything else Samantha cuts him off.

"Pete, we need to talk."

...can't find a better man can't find a better man yeah... she loved him, yeah...she don't want to leave this way she feeds him, yeah...that's why she'll be back again can't find a better man can't find a better man can't find a better man can't find a better...man...
© Copyright 2006 Nemesis (bsbbuffy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1057802-Better-Man