*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1058070-Tobys-Mistake
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1058070
This is a half way done dramatic story.

Chapter 1

Toby was sitting in his favorite chair. His long black hair came over the back of the chair. His parents were out on a date, the house seemed quiet and lonely even with all the lights on, in the house he could still here the rain hitting the porch outside. When the lighting shot out of the sky it luminated the ground, the trees seemed to be gnarled; the outside shed seemed to go white when it really was yellow. When the thunder rumbled or shouted as he thought he would jump because he never expected it.

Around nine o’clock he turned on the T.V after feeble attempts to read over his book. The weather man said that the storm should let up by tomorrow morning, which meant he would not be able to play in the baseball game because it would be postponed till the next day. About ten o’clock he fell asleep, his parents came home shortly after that they were vary wet when they walked in the house. Toby was slumped in his chair with the T.V still on his mother kissed him on the cheek and turned off everything.

Toby woke with a start he felt something licking his face; it turned out to be Rory his dog. He then smelled bacon, eggs, & burnt toast his father wasn’t vary well at making food. As soon as he walked in his father shouted at him to help, the kitchen seemed to be in complete chaos, his sister was sitting on the counter crying it seemed Rory took her toast he had a taste for burnt toast so did my sister. My father gave her more toast and she stopped crying. “Toby make sure your sister makes it on the bus to camp please.” Said his father while he was flipping bacon, Toby went up to his room, put on some jeans, a t shirt, and a sweatshirt. He then took the stairs two at a time went to the phone and called Mark.

After what seemed a long morning he was able to get a hold of Mark they agreed to meet at JD’ys it was a little café. Toby went to his sister’s room, told her to get ready, then left they walked hand in hand she was only six but she still liked to hold hands Toby didn’t mind as long as no one saw them especially Jade a girl he liked, he didn’t want her to think he was a sissy or something. When Toby and his sister made it to the Y he let go of her hand and walked her to the bus. All her friends liked him because he was a lot older then them. He really didn’t mind he liked little kids he even babysitted them for free. After he singed her name on the paper (a parent needed to sign it they said he would do). He then left her she seemed scared to leave but she did he walked all the home, got his bike after telling his parents that he was leaving to go out with Mark. He peddled down South Ave. he then turned down Franklin Street there was JD’ys, he looked in the window and saw Mark sitting at the counter with his back to the window. Toby walked in he saw Jade in her uniform he smiled. She saw him and waved to him. He walked over to her “Hey you ready for school to start?” Toby asked she looked at him then answered “Yes I ‘am it’s been a long summer, I’m tired of watiressing for idiots.” She laughed in spite of her self. Toby walked over to Mark sat down next to him. Mark looked over at him “Your late.” He said Toby shrugged “My sister took forever to get ready.” Toby then reached for a menu he ordered a turkey sandwich. “School starts tomorrow-high school it might be fun.” Toby said this last thing with ununderstanding Mark looked paler then usual. Mark ate his food in silence, Toby kept on looking at Jade over his shoulder she also kept on looking at him, but as soon he would notice she would turn around and walk away swinging her hips.

Toby got on his bike; Mark didn’t have his bike with him so he had to sit on the handle bars. “Where to Mark?” asked Toby “To my house.” Toby started slow but got going Toby took the main road to Marks house he knew it would be quicker the taking spring street. Also they didn’t want Quigley to chase them Quigley was Toby’s next door neighbor dog that liked to chase them; when they where little they used to tease Quigley until Toby got bite then they stopped. When they reached Marks house Mark got his bike, “Let’s go to the bowling alley Jade said she would be there.” Said Mark, he also liked Jade but he already dated her in the fifth grade they’re good friends now. “Okay.” Toby was more then willing to get to see Jade again. Toby and Mark then peddled down Pine street
© Copyright 2006 John Willkoken (stiewie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1058070-Tobys-Mistake