*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1059115-Song-of-the-Wind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1059115
The wind calls and Leslie listens.
She sat at the window looking out. The wind was blowing violently from the north. She pulled her grandmothers quilt tight around her shoulders and gave a slight shiver. The whole house was silent. She couldn't even hear her dog snoring on the couch. *tink tink tink chime chime chime* Leslie listened to the wind chime on her porch. She smiled when she thought about the silly thing. Her parents had brought the stones back from vacation and her father strung it together for her for christmas. They were a red and white marble and in the shape of whales.

"Whales" she thought, "I'll probably never see whales where I live."

She went on listening. The wind howled around the corner of her house and hit her wind chime again. *tink tink tink*

"I can feel the earth pulse with energy. The fire in the fireplace roars giving me heat. I have a tub in which to soak in water. Air, though, what can I physically see or do with air. Nothing. I see smoke, but smoke is gross and it makes my allergies act up. No, with air, if I listen I can hear its song. I can hear it singing me to sleep as it whispers through the trees. I can hear it play with my wind chime. Air, wind, speaks to me in a completely different way. "

She got up and put on her house shoes and went to the door. With her quilt still snug around her body, she walked out into the north wind.

"Speak to me!" She yelled as she let her quilt fall away and blow down the street.
© Copyright 2006 lightgoddess (lightgoddess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1059115-Song-of-the-Wind