*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1059961-The-Thunder-Rolls
Rated: · Other · Other · #1059961
Just something i wrote in like 5 minutes.
He sat in his car while the light was red. His head was set down on the wheel while a million thoughts raced through it. He knew it would only be a matter of time before his wife found out. What he didn't know was that it would be tonight. A fateful storm was about to swoop in and end the life he knew forever. His head rose as he heard the soft beating of rain drops against his window. As the light turned green, he started to slowly go. The storm was picking up now. He flipped on his wipers and sped up a bit. He didn't care whether he got home in one piece, he just wanted to get home...

The woman arose from her sleep as she heard thunder crash against her window. She placed a hand on her heart, making sure she was still alive. He immediatly got up, realising that her husband was not in bed beside her. Was he alright? Would we make it home? Where was he? These were all thoughts that were running through her head. She raced to the living room and peered out the window. He wasn't there. Of course not, she had only noticed that he had been gone only a minute earlier. She paced by the window in her faded flannel gown. It only took about 5 minutes before her husband drove up, but to her it seemed like an eternity. She raced out to hold him as soon as he got out of his car. The wind was howling and the rain was coming down hard. As the wind blew a strong gust in her face she noticed a new perfume smell. As the lightning rolled across the sky, and the glisten in her eye, her husband knew that she knew. Her eyes widened right before she slapped him. She ran into her house, ignoring her husband, who was calling after her. She ran to the bathroom and locked the door. She knew what she was looking for, her husbands gun. It wasn't long before she found it. The next thing she heard was a knock at the door, and her husbands voice. After that came a loud bang, as she shot him twice through the door. Not much is known of the story after that. Just that she dropped her new born off on a neighbours doorstep before driving off. She was never seen again, some say that she drove off a cliff. Others say she walked into the ocean and never stopped. No one really knows, but they do know that on that fateful stormy night, a love went cold. A baby lost her parents, and two people lost their lives...
© Copyright 2006 Appley_Goodness (coolducky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1059961-The-Thunder-Rolls