*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1060334-Summer-Powers
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1060334
Four somewhat lucky people has their lives completely changed by eating chocolate.

A friend & I are doing this together! We will switch back and forth adding to the story. When you see “.+-.+-.+-.+-.+-.+-” then it is the change of writers. If you have any suggestions, or additions for the story, that’ll be great! My friend will start first.

.+-.+-.+-.+-.+-.+-

Chapter 1: Countdown

“I’ll never get out of here!” Stacy thought impatiently as she glanced continuously at her watch.
“Is there a problem Ms. Fargood!?” Stacy looked up at Mrs. Moser who looked very angrily at her.

“Uh… no!” she said quickly. “If you have been paying attention, then what did I say about the civil war?” Mrs. Moser asked, looking at the top of her glasses.

Embarrassed, Stacy looked at her best friend Clara. Clara mouthed “Devil’s Den.”

“I’M WAITING!” Mrs. Moser fumed.

“Devils Den got it’s name because of the suspision of Devil activity!” Stacy said shaking.

“Goal achieved.” Mrs. Moser said calmly. “For that, no homework.” Everyone cheered while Stacy sighed with relief. Suddenly there was a big ringing noise.
The whole classroom went berserk. They ran out shouting “Summer! Summer!” Stacy met with Clara.

“Thanks for saving my behind.” Stacy said blushing.
Clara looked at her with deep blue eyes. “For that, you owe me $1!” Clara said laughing.

They both walked out of the hall when a boy came running. “What the-” WAM! Papers flying everywhere. Clara stood there laughing her head off while Stacy laid on her back with a paper on her face. While laying there she saw his name on the paper, Adam.

“Are you ok?” Stacy got up to see Adam standing there. She stared at his grey, mysterious, dark eyes. Unable to speak, she stared at him with awe.

“I’m sorry, I was in a hurry.” Adam said regrouping his papers.

“I-It’s ok.” Stacy said joining him.

“Stacy, I’ll go outside and call Omega.” Clara said walking out. Clara knew that love was in the air. She snickered on her way out.

While Adam got his papers up he stared at her hair and her earrings.
“Wow, nice earrings.” Adam said.

Stacy looked up “Thanks.” She said with a smile.

After they packed up the papers, he shook her hand and walked away. Stacy then walked outside where Clara waited out in their viper.
“Merry Christmas!!” She yelled, throwing paper stars at her. “Shut up!!” Stacy pleaded while hopping in.

Chapter 2: BFF

Driving through Highlands, Stacy told Clara her plans about her summer.
“And to finish it off, play Sims.” Clara didn’t look like she was listening. Stacy looked out the window, the trees past by like a jet. Stacy then thought back when they were in elementary school. Clara was two doors down from her house. They met on the first day of 6th grade.

“We’re here!” Stacy woke up from her dreaming. By the school, a crowd gathered.

“Now what in world?!” she exclaimed. Omega Mech stood on a Pre-K boy yelling

“I’M THE OMEGA”. Clara looked like she was going to faint.

“OMEGA!” Stacy shouted angrily.

“STOP THAT!” Omega turned to see Clara and Stacy looking out the car window. All the kids started laughing as Omega stalked towards the car full of embarrassment. Inside the car Clara started driving while Stacy and Omega argued.
“What got into your puny little brain?!” Stacy fumed.
“I was impressing Jessica!” Omega shot back. “If you didn’t shout my name I would’ve had a date for the formal dance.”
Omega than turned white “you wouldn’t tell mom would ya?” he asked shaking.

“hmm….” Shtacy thought as Omega sweated bullets. “Naaa!” Stacy said.

“THANK YOU!” Omega yelled.

“You owe me $1!” Stacy and Clara looked at each other, smiling.
.+-.+-.+-.+-.+-.+-
They drove on until the car came to a stop. “Why did we stop?” Stacy asked Clara. Clara looked at them with menacing eyes.

“Uh oh.. What?” Stacy was afraid to ask.

“WHO WANTS PIE!?” Clara screamed as she parked the car wildly at the front of a nearby bakery.

Clara literally jumped out of the car, and ran inside screaming “PIIIIE!” Stacy and Omega looked at each other.

“Oh brother!” Stacy said, rolling her eyes.

After a few seconds, Clara ran back out, and came face to face with them.
“Well?! We have to celebrate, HELLO?! SCHOOLS OUT!” The two both got excited and ran out of the car, and into the bakery with her.

It was a small store, with a candy vendor and a soda vendor in the corner, a few tables with chairs on the right side, and a counter with a show glass full of goodies on their left.

“Does anyone have change for a twenty?” asked Clara.
Stacy looked in her bag she carried on her back. “Ah ha!” she said, as Clara swiped it out of her hands.

“That includes the dollar…” but Clara was too busy running to the corner, for candy.

Stacy and Omega got some chocolate pie with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles on top. When they were about to take the first bite, Clara comes back with tons of chocolate candy bars!

“Oh my god! Are you going to eat ALL of that!?!”

“No…” Clara answered. “I got 21, so we each get 7..”

Omega and Stacy stared at her, mouths open. “Come on! Don’t be party poopers!” They shrugged and started to eat. Clara went to get a chocolate pie too, along with cookies, fudge and cake.

“What? It’s for later!”

Chapter 3: Discovery

They finished their pie in a snap, and ate all their chocolate. “Hmm… now what?” asked Stacy. “Wanna go to the beach?” Clara asked.

“Maybe later… right now my stomach hurts..” Stacy stated.

“Same here” Omega said.

“Fine… I’ll drive ya home… but call me when ya want to go swimming!” Clara demanded.

“Ok, I will.” Stacy replied.


After they have eaten all their sweets, they went back to the car and drove home. Clara dropped Stacy and Omega off at their house, then she drove back to her own house. She went inside and fell on the couch, exhausted. Suddenly, unaware, she fell into a deep slumber. At Stacy and Omega’s house, Omega fell asleep on the floor while Stacy fell asleep in the middle of looking for milk in the refrigerator.

Samantha, Clara’s sister, was feeding Fred, their cat. She went in the living room only to find Clara sleeping and drooling on the cushions.

“Pathetic!” Sam thought.

She found a small paper bag all crumbled. She looked inside and found tons of cookies and sweets. She took some and cautiously looked over at Clara to make sure she was still asleep. She took Clara’s keys and went in the Viper and drove off to meet her boyfriend at the movies.

A half an hour after Sam left, the phone rang. Clara moaned and got up droopingly. She picked up the phone and answered grumpily “What do you want?”

“Well fine! If you don’t want to go to the beach!” replied Stacy on the other line.

“No! I do! I’ll be right there to pick you up… is Omega coming?”

“Yea, but he’s going fishing.”

“Ok cool. Be right there!” Clara shook all over to wake up completely, and rushed to the bathroom to change. She got out with her towel and looked for her keys. She made a face of confusion, and went outside to see if her Viper was there. To her surprise it was gone.

“SAM!” She thought suddenly. She grabbed the jeep car keys and went out to the car.

Clara honked the horn in front of Stacy’s house. Stacy came running out of the door, “Omega! Our ride is here! … In the jeep?” she ran up to Clara wondering why she didn’t have the viper.
“Sam?” Stacy asked.

“That obvious? Hm, now Adam won’t notice you as much…” Clara said slyly.

“What?”

“Did I say Adam? I mean … the … cute guys?”

“Do you like him?”

“No, but you do. I know it!”

“So… that… doesn’t prove anything!”

“…..wait… yes it does. It proves-”

“OK! Gosh let us just go to the beach already!”

“Fine…” Clara said smiling. Stacy and Omega got into the car, and drove off. Clara drove wildly, she wasn’t used to the jeep. She was wondering how anyone can see the road, and step on the gas at the same time. She was constantly asking Stacy if she hit the curb or not. Clara stopped the car at the dock and Omega got out with his fishing gear. She drove further, and parked the car near the beach entrance.
They gathered all of their things, and ran out. No one was there. Stacy thought they already went after school. Clara thought because they didn’t know how to spend a summer right.
They found the right spot to put their things. It was very close to the water, but not close enough for the tide to get it wet. Stacy was setting up her towel on the sand and putting her sunglasses and sandals on the edge. Clara was running to the water, taking her sandals off as she ran.

“Wait for me!” Stacy cried. She ran for Clara, and saw Omega at the edge of the dock; fishing. He rolled his eyes at them, and whipped the fishing rod.
Stacy and Clara got far into the ocean, and was dipping their hair to get used to the cold.
Clara dived underwater and went behind Stacy. She splashed a wave of water onto Stacy, who yelped.
Stacy took no mercy, she splashed her so much that Clara called for a timeout.
“There’s no timeouts!” Stacy yelled.

“There’s not? Oh, ok then.” Clara answered. She took the opportunity to dunk her underwater. They started to push each other underwater, and getting on top of one another. Clara gave a look saying that she gives up, but found something else to do. Stacy gestured her to go on.

“Let’s race!” Clara said. Stacy had a face of enjoyment and got in a ready position.

“Get ready…” Said Stacy. “Get set…”
She went on “Go!”

She dashed in front, with Clara swimming parallel to her. Stacy didn’t know where the finish line was, but kept swimming as fast as she can. She saw in the corner of her eye, that Clara was slowing down. So she picked up the speed, hoping to win with a major distance.

“STOP!” Clara yelled. Stacy was struck, and turned. She couldn’t find Clara anywhere.
“Clara? Where are you?” she said. Suddenly there was a splash of water. She turned her head back and forth, but couldn’t find her friend. She swam as fast as she could to the beach.
She got there in no time, literally. She thought they were farther out then that. But she quickly stopped thinking about that, and looked for Clara.
“CLARA!?” She screamed.

“What!? I’m right here! Shesh, don’t draw attention to me!”

“There’s no one here…. And where are you?”

“Umm… right in front of you!” said Clara. Stacy looked real hard but couldn’t seem to find her.

“Where?” she asked again.

“Uh! I would wave my arms but I have a situation here…”

“What?!” Stacy asked, frightened that she might have seen a shark.

“I…I lost my top…”

“Oh that’s it? Oh well then… oh my god! Really? How did you manage that?”

“I’m not sure… but hand me a towel will ya?”

“Umm I could if I knew where you were!”

“Here I’ll move closer.” said Clara. There was ripples in the water and Stacy tried her hardest to find her.

“Are you blind?!” Clara yelled. Stacy was looking at whole different direction of where Clara really was. Clara finally suggested to just throw a towel to her. Stacy agreed.

“In what direction?” Stacy asked.

“Straight!” Clara screamed. Stacy threw it as hard as she could. There was a plop and a giant air bubble in the towel as it hit the water. Stacy watched as the water gorged the towel slowly. Soon the towel was completely wet, but still floating. Suddenly the towel seemed to pick up itself and twist and twirl in a circular motion. Then it stopped and stood on the water shaped like a cup.
Stacy couldn’t believe her eyes. She turned back and ran as fast as she could. She came back with a camera and clothes for Clara. The towel was now on the beach. It was floating in midair! It was in a tube shape still. Stacy’s eyes widened and looked on the top, to see if Omega was holding it by his hook. He wasn’t, and he didn’t seem to notice the towel at all. She looked down to see how it was floating. Sand was in a lump shape underneath it. It looked hollow, and after staring at it awhile she noticed they were feet.
“Do you mind? God I’m topless not a sea monster!” Clara’s voice suddenly screamed into Stacy’s face. She fell back and stared at the towel.

“And how did you get my clothes so fast? Did you go all the way home!?”

“Clara?”

“…Yea?”

“Your… umm …. Invisible ….?”

“What? How can I be-” She looked at her hands and feet. Stacy saw the towel wiggle a little. “WHAT?! HOW CAN I BE INVISABLE?!” she yelled.
“And if you went home to get my clothes, how did you get there and back so fast? I had my keys on the towel… I didn’t see you get them.”

Stacy looked at the keys, and back at Clara. “Hold on…” she said. Stacy turned around and faded into midair. Now Clara’s eyes widened. She looked side to side and before she knew it, Stacy was back. She had a can of soda in her hand.

“You went all the way to the store?! You must be super-fast!” said Clara. Stacy beamed.

“How did we get these powers?”

“Who cares!” the towel fell to the ground “Woo-Hoo! Look at me! That’s right! YOU CAN’T!”
Suddenly Clara started to fade into the light, and became visible again.
“Umm… Clara….?!” Stacy warned. Clara looked at herself and screamed at the top of her lungs. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Stacy! Grab me my clothes!!!”
Stacy fell on the ground, laughing at the top of her lungs.

~NOT FINISHED~
© Copyright 2006 CirqueFreak (bluedragon4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1060334-Summer-Powers