*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1060834-One-Mans-Opinion
Rated: 13+ · Other · History · #1060834
Of the power players and greedy hearted tyrants, hiding behind the Patriarchal God.
A Brief Document concerning Strict Religions and their Destructive Effect on Modern Man.

By Steven Kern

For thousands of years Religion has held a grip on the minds and hearts of Humanity. It has also been demonstrated throughout history that new civilisations will worship new gods. Patriarchal religions, however, brook no peers. Their way is the only way and you`ll be damned or dead if you do not worship as they do. This mindset leads to easy ,self-righteous violence and horrible human rights violations in the name of God, or whichever deity the „enemy“ has „blasphemed“ against. In other words, you`re being killed by people who believe in their heart of hearts that they are right about killing you, whether you are innocent or not.. Violence, threats and mayhem against any who oppose them is a staple of their behavior. We have seen first hand the lies, false accusations, and obscene hypocrisies committed by the Religious Right. Witness an Evangelical fanatic (who has his own agendas) exhorting his followers to pray for the injury and/or death of Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O`Connor, Hugo Chavez, and the Easter Bunny. Or Jerry Falwell placing the blame for the attacks of 9-11 on “gays, pagans and lesbians.“ That statement, by the way, is a dead giveaway of Fundamentalism. What Falwell actually said that day was „You should be living the way we tell you, or you die." The Muslim extremists and the Christian extremists are basically the same in many ways. Personally, I believe the world is one big piece of pie to divvy up, wanted by two sets of maniacs, and we are the cattle caught in the center. Muslim extremists killing indiscriminately, destroying themselves in the process, to hit back at the US and Israel; and you get 72 virgins, hashish and all the food you can eat when you get to heaven after killin` innocent people. (Yeah, sure ya do.) Or the Zionists, from whom the word „zealot“ is derived, stealing Palestinian land under the guise of withdrawl and building a 21st Century version of Hadrian`s Wall to dissect it. The abhorrent sexual depravity and power brokering of the Roman Catholic Church, who aided Nazis in escaping justice. And let`s not forget the crusades, holy wars, assassinations, insurrections, the Inquisiton (700 years of unrelenting terror, torture and public execution of entire families by the Church for those who were individuals and had their own minds. Yet the Church professes to have been the preserver of the Light at that time in history.)and so on. Millions tortured,raped,plundered,dead. Fundamental religion is the Enemy of all who wish to be able to use their own minds, use their own powers of observation, follow the dictates of their own conscience.

Do we as a species not „get it“? Are we so driven by guilt ( the primary tool of religion, abusers are deft with it as well) that we cannot open our eyes and minds and hearts for fear of judgment? Fear of being outcast? Fear of Eternal Punishment? Like the small children who were told by the bastards who raped them what would happen to them if they ever told about the assaults? Fear and Guilt. Tools to be used. On you and me, folks.
And that makes them things to be overcome.

The strictures of religions that demand supression of sexual bodily functions are extremely harmful to the human body in physiological, emotional and psychological ways, giving rise to violent perversions and predatory behaviors. The Patriarcal religions practice incredible cruelties on their own women and children. „Honor“ killings are comitted upon Muslim and Hindu women who have perpetrated the „crime“ of being raped. So, instead of comfort and healing from a family and support for a victim, there is terror and death from the hands of those whom you love. In India women`s clitori are cut off from their bodies, anguish and an orgasmless lifetime result. Children are sold into slavery, beaten, starved and raped. Psycholgical torture is constant. This is the face of Patriarchal Religion behind the mask. Sometimes the mask-face is loving and kind, at other times stern and cruel. No matter. They are both evil in a true and literal sense.
© Copyright 2006 S.W.George Kern (greenjack6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1060834-One-Mans-Opinion