*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1061324-Timeless-Afternoon
by Orion
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1061324
Meeting the one of our dreams, as can only happen in a dream.
She stopped at the crosswalk, yellow brown hair twisting in the spring breeze. A sudden gust tore at her dress, her green dress; kneelength, with tiny pale yellow daisies scattered across its surface, blowing across a shape of feminine beauty the gods would envy. She looked left and right with a steady green gaze down the tree-lined avenue. Pink apple blossoms filled the clear air, blown on the crisp wind to land in drifts against the cobblestone curb.

She stepped lightly down from the sidewalk and danced over the road, through the zigzag paths of incoming carts and buggies. Out from the shadow of the narrow buildings, she leapt onto the sunlit side of the street, out of the busy thoroughfare.

Thick green grass grew right to the cobbled walk, spilling over the stone in silent resistance to its encroachment. The apple boughs swayed overhead, dropping more blossoms onto her shoulders. She stepped strongly into the park, quickening her stride as her face broadened and the scene lit up, brighter than in natural light. Time itself stood still, as if in awe, letting her run by, long hair flying back and catching more blossoms in its feathery arms. And then, she leapt into the sunny air, leapt over the green carpet of spring, leapt into the arms of a man, the man who moments before had been the only other moving, running on that timeless afternoon. His smile met hers and their eyes, locked together, unable, unwilling to move took in the others light. Their arms wrapped together, giving not a breadth of space between their bodies.

Feeling the warmth travel through their bodies, they stood on the green hilltop whilst pink blossoms played through the air and yellow brown hair danced in the spring breeze. Finally breaking the path of light, he pulled her ever closer, leaned down, buried his face into her shoulder and saw not but tiny, bright yellow daisies.
© Copyright 2006 Orion (orion828 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1061324-Timeless-Afternoon