*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1061693-The-Fool-Moon---a-love-story
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1061693
What else I can do? You are my love. I know it hurts you.
It is morning 7AM. Hemanth is entering inside the home by telling, “ mom coffee please”.
“Waite a minute honey”, mom replayed from the kitchen.
Hemath relaxing on the sofa. He has taken the newspaper & starts reading it. After a minute he remembers something & turn the newspaper to the sports sheet. There is small box item news, “ one more grand victory to champion. Chess champion Mr. Hemanth again own the final game of the chess champion against….”
Hemanth stops reading that & recalled the yesterdays match & has thinks, “ That was a good match”.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Congratulations Hemanth. His colleagues started congratulating him in the office. He thanked everybody & has entered inside his cabin.
“Why still Michael did not called to congratulate me? What happened to the Michael”?
Phone starts ringing. He has thought may be Michael & has took up the phone.
“Hello”
“Hello” a sweet voice from opposite side “how are you my dear champion?”
“Who is this”? Hemanth starts recalling his memory, but has left that job. He knows he can’t.
“I am fine. Thanks” he replied.
“Congratulations for your win Mr. Champion”
It hears she is singing from that side.
“Thank you very much”.
“I am your big fan” again the voice from that side.
“Is it”? It is surprising. At last I also have got a fan.
“Why my dear Hemanth”?
In our nations most of the peoples are cricket player fans or football player fans. That is why I surprised.
“Hahahaha”
He hearing a sweet laughing from that side & he is feeling like he is flying in the sky.
“Ok Mr. Hemanth bye bye “
“But who are you? What is your name”?
“Is the name is important”? Again sweet laugh.
The line has disconnected.
Who is she? He started thinking again.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Phone is ringing. Hemanth getting up from the bed & see the watch. It is midnight 12.30.
“Who is ringing me in this midnight”?
He has picked up the phone & told “Hello” in the sleepy voice.
“Hello my dear champion” the same old sweet voice. “ Wish you a happy birthday,” she is singing from that side.
His whole sleep has run out from his body. Oh the same girl, my fan.
“Thank you madam”.
“Are you already forgot me Mr. Hemanth”?
“Huh.. that is.. Actually, oh yes .. Frankly I was”. He answered with difficulty. “But now I can recognize your voice, you are my fan”.
A sweet laugh from that side.
“But how you know about my birthday? Who are you”?
“I am your fan,” she has told with teasing voice.
“Oh I know that. But what is your name? Where you are staying? What you are doing? Why don’t you meet me once”?
“You are giving question bank to me? Ok forget it”.
“I want to meet you”.
“That is not so easy”.
“Why”?
“Tell you later for now bye bye, once again wish you happy birthday”.
This time her voice completely occupied his mind, heart, & even in his blood. He never forgets her. He wants to meet her at any cost. But how?

“Hey what happened to you man”?
“Nothing Michael”.
“No something is wrong with you. You just look you lost something. Tell me what is your problem”.
“Nothing man”.
“Even mom told me you becoming lazy now days? You are not going for Jim & jagging also? & Even you are not concentrating on your works also”.
“Yes I know, “ replayed desperately.
Suddenly phone starts ringing.
Horridly Hemanth has taken the phone.
“Hello”?
“Hello champion”.
“Why you did not called me from last 20 days”?
“Oho”
“You know everyday I am waiting for your call”.
“Why”?
“Just I like to hear your voice. I like to hear your voice always. I want to meet you at least once. Why you are not telling your name”?
“I am sorry I cant”, she is pleasing from that side.
“You know you disturbed my peace completely. Who ever you may be, young girl or old women, I want to meet you once, please. Otherwise I can’t concentrate o any other things”.
There is a big silence from that side.
“Miss, are u there”?
“Yes I am here”.
“Tell me something. What are you thinking”?
“Ok I will meet you, but on one condition”.
“What”? He is getting his breath now.
“I am having some problems. I want solutions for that. I will tell you one problem in a days & giving a time of 5 hours. You have to find solution for that. Ok. If you solve all the problem means…” she laughed
“Ok madam”. He happily agreed. Problems are not a problem for him.
“I know champion math is not a problem for you. You are so good in math. I also want you to solve these problems & win. I also like to meet you”. But before that let us have some fun”.
“Oh, thanks”.
“So here is the first problem very simple problem. If you want, you can note down the problem. Rakesh, Joseph & Antony went for a picnic. Rakesh having 5 pizzas & Joseph having 3 pizzas, Totally 8 pizzas. All three ate 8 pizzas dividing equally. So Antony gave 8 rupees to both Rakesh & Joseph. Now Rakesh & Joseph has to take their shares from 8 rupees. What is the share of the Rakesh & what is the share of Joseph. Now it is 11 AM is it? Exactly at 4 in the evening I call you again. If you tell me the correct answer, I will tell my name”.
“No need to call me again. I tell the answer now only. I want to hear your name, sweet name”.
“Is it, already solved the problem”?
“Yes, the answer is so simple. Rakesh share is 5 rupees & Josephs share is 3 rupees”. Without any hesitation, Hemanth has answered.
There is a sweet laugh from that side.
“You laugh very sweetly. Are you a singer? Now tell me your name”.
“You read the scientist Albert Instens bio data”.
“No why”?
“He also had done the same mistake to solve this problem what you done now”. Again a sweet laugh.
“What”?
“Yes my dear champion you are wrong. I can’t tell my name. I am sorry. I will call you tomorrow at 11 again. Bye bye now”.
“Waite, Waite a minute..”
The phone is disconnected from that side.
“I am not understanding anything Hemanth”.
“I am also not understanding Micheal, One girl is playing with me”.
“Waite a minute”, he started solving the problem again.
He has taken 5 minutes to get the correct answer. But there is no use now.
Hemanth is in his cabin, waiting for the phone call. It is reaching 11. 8 seconds remaining, 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 minutes. She will call now.
He is desperately waiting. Phone is not disappointed him. It starts ringing.
“Hello”.
“Hello my dear champion, how are you”?
“Oh forget it, tell me the second problem now”.
Again a laugh.
“Don’t laugh, you know from your laugh you are killing me & that laugh stolen my sleep also in the night”.
Again laugh…. “Ok I am sorry. Are you solved the yesterdays problem”?
“Yes”
“What is the answer”?
“Rakesh’s share is 7 rupees & Josephs share is 1 rupees”. He told shyly, slowly, and desperately.
“I am sorry my dear champion. Some times we have to pay big ransom to our mistakes, right”?
“Yes right”.
“Now the second problem”.
“Yaa”
“Note down it. There are 5 stickers with me. 3 are red stickers & 2 black stickers. Ok, let us say there are 3 peoples. For example you, Micheal & one more person Mr. X. I will put each sticker on yours forehead. Now you have to tell me, which color sticker on your fore head by seeing the others forehead. Let us say you can see the read stickers on Michaels & Mr.X fore head. Which color sticker on your for head now? I think you understand the problem now”.
“Yes I am”.
“Is there any confusion.”?
“No not at all”.
“Ok fine, you get the answer? You want to try your answer”?
“No. I have a time up to 4 right”?
Sweet laugh from that side. “Yes of course. Then I will call you at 4. All the best. Please don’t mistake. You must solve this. Don’t disappoint me”.
“Yes. I will”.
“Bye bye my dear champion”.
The phone is disconnected from that side.
Hemanth starts reading the problem again. & Starts thinking.
“There are 5 stickers, 3 red & 2 black. We are three. I can see red stickers on others two peoples forehead. What is the color of my sticker then? Oh it is mind teasing. From where, I have to start? I did not hear this type of problem”.
He starts thinking. It is already one in the afternoon. Lunch break in office. But he knows he can’t eat.
“From where I can enter to this problem. Where is the weak point in this problem? Out of 5 stickers only 3 are used, what is the color of remaining stickers? I can see the red stickers on Michael & X’s head. How can she now about Michael also? Is she knows everything about me? Is she absorbing me now also? Is she in my office only? There are 2 red stickers. Probability of black sticker on my fore head is more. Oh yes I got it, theory of probability. I have to check the probability. Yes, suppose if black sticker one me, Michel can see one red sticker, which is on Mr.X and one black on me”.
According to Michael view, if Michael thinks “ if suppose black sticker on me Mr.X can see two black stickers. Then Mr.X can easily tell red sticker on his forehead, because there are only 2 black stickers, those 2 black stickers on Michel’s & Hemanth’s head. But he is not answering. So he is also seeing both red stickers”.
That means Michael thinking is wrong, there is no black sticker on his head. That means red sticker on my head also.
Yes red sticker.
Hurrryyyyyyyy he shouted. He is happy & he has finished problem successfully. The analysis satisfied him.
He sees the watch it is evening 3,30. Still 30 mints time. He starts relaxing.
At exactly 4, phone starts ringing. He picked up the phone. He is feeling cool now.
“Hello”
“Hi” the same sweet voice. “So you are with your answer”.
“Yes”
“What is the answer”?
“The sticker color on me is red”.
“Congratulation Mr. Champion u done it. I heard the great Koutilya took more then 10 hours to solve this problem. You are greater then koutilya? Hahahahaha…” again the sweet laugh
“I don’t know”, he is so calm.
“So I like to tell you something about me now”.
“Can you tell me your name”?
“Hahahaha”
“I was your junior, in college. & I am in your city only. Even you also saw me. Every year I was tried desperately to cross your record in scoring in math subject. But every time I was failed”.
Again the laugh
Hemath start recalls his student life. But he can’t guess.
“I can’t guess who you are still”
“Hahahhaha ok call you again tomorrow morning”.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Hello my dear champion, this is the last problem. It is very simple problem. But from the result of this problem you can reach me. Let me see can you do it or not. But today every minute is counting. Today I am leaving. Don’t ask to where. I am not here to call you at 4 to hear your answer. You have to reach me from that answer as early as possible. If we missed today, in our whole life we cant meet again. I won’t call you again & disturb you also.
Let me tell the problem I don’t want to waste the time.
Here is the problem. There are 6 digits. The average of first 2 numbers is 6. The average of fourth & the fifth digit is also 6.
The average of last two digits is 5. The average of first & last digits also 5. The sum of the first three digits is 16. The sum of the last 3 digits is 17. Find out the number”.
The phone is disconnected.
He felt today she has not in good mood.
He starts solving problem. She is leaving the city. I have to solve the problem as soon as possible.
At last he solved it. It is not a difficult problem for him.
In front of him on the table, on a paper, he is seeing the answer 5 7 4 7 5 5 six digits.
How can I reach her from these numbers? Time is running. Time is not stopping for anybody.
Is it a phone number? May be? Suddenly he dialed the numbers holding his breath. Phone starts ringing that side. Suddenly he disconnected the phone. No use in talking in phone again.
“ How can I find her address”?
Suddenly he dialed one more number.
“Hello is this telephone exchange”?
……
I want information. I want to know this number belongs to whom & his address
……….
Police, crime branch, special investigation officer here.
………
He noted down the address.
He saw the time it is already 2.30.
He runs like a bullet to the car parking area. It is raining outside. His car also went out like a bullet.
When he reached the addressee, lot of peoples around the home.
He gets down from the car, walking towards the main door. Suddenly one aged person came in front of him & gave a letter to him. It is drizzling still. He was completely wet. Hemanth saw his face. He was not talking anything. Hemanth took the letter & opened it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My dear Hemanth. Congratulation, I know you will win this. But I cant Waite for you. May be my fate is not allowing me to wait for you.

I am Revati. At least remembered me now? I was your junior in college. I don’t know when & how I start liking you. Even I did not know why I starts liking you. It was happened 4 years ago. Those days are so good you know. Until today I was living from those sweet memories.

One day I was started felt I was in love with you. I wanted to express my love with you. Suddenly that day I fell sick. My father took me to hospital. Almost one week, doctors examined me & at last they gave a beautiful name to my ill as blood cancer. From that day I was waiting for my death. How can I express my love with you?

You finished your engineering. You got the good job. From your each success I felt proud then you. I was always around you but I could not come in front of you.

My health condition came to final stage. Our great doctors predicted when I would die. Today is the day; they were fixed for my death. After knowing when I will die, every minute became hell for me. The death should come unexpectedly. I know when I will die. But how could I stop the time?

I wanted to think something else then my death. At last I decided, I need some more sweet memories to think when the breath is stopping. Sweet memories of talking with you, Sweet memories of playing with you, sweet memories of teasing you.

What else I can do? You are my love. I know it hurts you. You also may think I am selfish. Please let me become selfish this much.
He failed to read further. Letters become blurring. May be drizzling water spoil the words or tears in his eyes blurred the words. He saw the old mans face. He did not understand is he crying or water on his face is from drizzling. He saw the sky, cloudy sky. It looks it is also crying. He peeped inside, he seen one dead body on the cot. He turned back, walking towards the car.
At least see her face once Hemanth
He turned back
Seen his face, old man requesting him.
Hemath seen his eyes for a moment & starts walking towards the car again, without giving any answer to that old man.
“Let me also become little selfish. I will love my dream face only. The beautiful face I was imagined from her voice. That face never leave me & go away like this. I don’t want to disturb that face.
Let me also become little selfish.

Rain starts falling heavily.
Some body is singing from the far distance

Why did you fall in love..
Why did you break my heart..
Why did you go away away away...

End


-
© Copyright 2006 ffun_explorer (ffun_explorer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1061693-The-Fool-Moon---a-love-story