*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1062404-Tears-of-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1062404
An Observational and emotional piece.
Tears of Love

My girlfriend cried in my arms earlier tonight for what felt like a lifetime. I miss her so much, and I always keep a picture of her close to my heart.

She stared at me with those puppy dog eyes “please don’t go”, I paused for a moment until my mouth started moving and words came out “I have to”. The passion that we both felt at that moment in time was overwhelming, so overwhelming that I swear the whole world stood still for a few seconds. Watching her tears slowly trickling down her cute little face, detouring along the sides of her nose and ceasing at her top lip - unless detected by me at an earlier point. The feeling inside me as I stayed strong and said “be happy, I’ll be back soon” was a proud but unpleasant one. I thought that if I remained strong and held her tight in my arms the tears would stop.

I’d do anything in the world right now for her to be happy, but the one thing she wants, is the one thing I can’t offer. “I love you, never forget that”, I wanted her to know how much I cared for her. The tears didn’t stop. Her lip trembled, her nose was wet, her eyes were red and full of tears; still she looked like a princess to me. I didn’t see her frizzy hair and her red eyes; instead I saw the picture of her. A picture of her: smiling; laughing; enjoying life with me, so happy. These were my eyes, and no one could take this picture from me. I had no desire to do anything else in my life at this moment in time, my passion was her; and I would spend the rest of my life trying to make her happy.

But why wasn’t she happy? Why was she crying? What kind of tears were these? I thought that if I could figure out what kind of tears they were, perhaps I could stop them. I tried, yet she was still crying. I placed her head on my right shoulder, hugged her tightly and thought of how much I loved her and how I used to feel about spending my life with her. She didn’t want to move. She must have felt extremely exposed, but here I was, here for her, so I slowly lifted her head from my shoulder and stared in to her eyes. She looked at me, her eyes pouring with water and I kissed her. I felt her tears as they ran from her top lip in to my mouth; we shared her tears in a mixing of liquids and infatuation.

I realise now, looking back upon the most memorable moment of my life that there were no stopping those tears; they were tears of love.
© Copyright 2006 Craig Priestley (ignition at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1062404-Tears-of-Love