*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1063386-Separation
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #1063386
Fictional short story that evokes emotions
As her intense gaze penetrated his eyes, he could taste the bittersweet emotions encompassing his marred and rusted heart. The uneasy feeling of silence, the pain of hearts not being connected, it all bit into him, eroding his very focal point. Even without words, she took his breath away. Simply, just by being with him, her layered emotions fleeting past him. Yet she felt no more solace. Pressing down her insecurities and keeping her wavering emotions under lock and key, she retreated, turning away from him. He watched her walked away, tears involuntarily flowing free and fast. He called out desperately, his tortured voice tainted by innumerable weights of sorrow.

She tied down her gnawing grief as she trudged away, the relentless pain gripping her soul. The shattered pieces of devastation crashed down on her, plunging her into an abyss of agony. Fluctuations of blatant numbness encompassed her wretched heart. She had waited too long. Her patience had run dry as her sanity hung by a mere gossamer’s thread. She gave up the losing fight, weeping from the bottom of her desolate marred heart, with no visible tears flowing from her dilated eyes. No tears, no more.
© Copyright 2006 Zhi Wan (zhiwan91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1063386-Separation