*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1063694-Salvation
by Kitsa
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Drama · #1063694
Introduction Story Line to a game
***Please note: This game was to have a slight relation to the bible, and the title and certain parts of this piece speaks to that.

---


Raw swingings of whips screamed in her ear.
Her voice choked and died in her throat.
Her chipped fingernails dug into the muddy, burning ground. Her hands burned and the pain grasped at her spine, making her spazz and twitch uncontrollably.
Another swing paralyzed her and she lay stone-still.
Her eyes were glued shut with dry blood, and her rushing blood pounded in her head, and throbbed so hard...Escape..escape...
Fear clung and clutched at her heart- would her head burst..?

She wanted to die...no...No!
She didn't want to die..she was afraid to die...
She could not die!
...Damn this animal instinct to live..dammit it all to hell!!

Another woosh and the crack of the whip...
She was no longer the victim. She was...looking from the outside.
A skinny, weak...poorly built excuse of a man was holding the whip in the air...poised for another crack at her....
Hatred flared and licked at her eyes...her mouth...so dry...so dry..!
She winced as the whip lashed at the girl...again...and again...the girl that used to be her....
Laughter exploded everywhere, she saw them...the smug..piggy...hungry faces that swam in laughter....drowning her...
Hatred burned and burned in her heart...Pounded in her head....she saw him again...the airborne whip....His face was contorted in victory and mockery...

No!!
This couldn't be...He could crush her, he could hurt her...he could break every bone in her...he could make her bleed...and bleed..and bleed until she could shed no more red...No!!!
But she will not die..she felt so heavy..air struggled, fighting the suppression....
She will not die!!

Booooooooooooooooom!!

A metallic taste rolled in her tongue and she opened her eyes, her body curled in a painful arch.

Then she saw it..in this hell burning hole of a place ...shone a white flash...white flash of gentle warmth, not this damned stinking..scorching heat of this...this damned place..!

Then her heart sped up....bouncing and kept pounding....Two shadows stood framed in the door way. She saw...she saw who they were!

"Let my people go!" Commanded Tristan [Biblical Reference], his arm ...oh his arm...stretched out, pointing a demanding, firm finger at the whip man... She saw...she saw the grin sliding off the whip man...like waterly slime climbing down a window...she felt something struggling to grow on her back...on her shoulder blades...

Effortlessly she lifted herse- no..
...?!

She was...being lifted...she had...wings!
Oh yes...beautiful...flawless wings...She saw others...flying with her...oh yes, flying!

They flew towards the door...To Tristan...To the white flash of light...oh the sweetness pouring in from the door..

And the promise of mana and the honey sweet water filled her with content...[Biblical Reference]
© Copyright 2006 Kitsa (twilightmanner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1063694-Salvation