*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1063836-Elizabeth
Rated: 13+ · Other · Mystery · #1063836
a chilling story about a mad woman.
My name is Elizabeth. No one calls me that now, but i cherish it because it is the only thing that truly belongs to me now. They call me Maria, but I truly dont know why, since it is the name of my sister. I wanted them to stop it, as it makes me miss her terribly. But what i've learned after coming here for two years, was that nothing ever went my way. I was to be called Maria no matter how much I argued.

"Maria, it's time to take your pills." Came a disconnected voice. It wasnt human. I hadnt heard a human voice in years, and the programmed instructions that i got from time to time were the closest thing resembling a voice. I missed my mother's voice. I remember she had a voice of an angel, but who was I to say that? I hadnt heard an angel's voice before. I sat there, unwilling to move.

"Maria, it's time to take your pills." came the disconnected voice again. I slowly reached out to my pill compartment, where two pink pills sat silently. Hesitantly, I held them in my hand, wondering what would become of me if I didnt take them. For once, I didnt want to take the pills. What would they do now? What could they do? Those unimaginative people had no control over me. They could lock me in this cramped little room, restricting my freedom, but they couldnt curb my imagination. Or force me to take strange little pink pills.

"Maria, take your pills." Was it me, or did that disconnected voice sound a bit irritated? I smiled a satisfied smile. Slowly, my thoughts drifted awag. I was in a perfect world, where children played and laughter could be heard everywhere. Suddenly, I heard the disconnected voice again. "Maria, take your pills." I glared at the little speaker which was located at the top corner of my room.

"I'm ELIZABETH!!! How many times do I have to tell you that?" I yelled and threw the pills at it. It made no sound. I smiled. Victory was in my hands. I knew they couldnt make me take the pills. I thought of my husband, Julian. He must miss me a lot. I mean, I'd been kidnapped by these people and locked here for so long. Would he be looking for me? Or happily married to another? I shuddered at the thought of him with another woman. Surely Julian only had me in his heart? Tears made their way down my cheeks. I missed Julian so much. Why did they have to choose me? Why did they kidnap me of all people? Julian....

"WHY DID YOUR TAKE JULIAN FROM ME!!!!" I screamed. I knew they could hear me. The evil things. I cried and cried and cried and punched the wall. "WHY?!!!" I screamed again and again and again and again and again and again.......


Elizabeth looked at her sister screaming at the little speaker. She frowned worriedly and looked at Dr. Gonzales, her sister's psychiatrist.

"Are you sure she's alright?" she asked.
"As long as she takes the pills." He replied gravely.
"Why do you care so much for her?" he asked softly.
"I have to." she answered after a pause.
"But she murdered your husband. Have you forgiven her?"
"She's my sister, doctor. And she loved Julian too, in her own way."
The doctor looked at the quiet woman in front of him.
She was the exact image of Maria. Sometimes he wondered about it.
"I'll look after her." He said.
© Copyright 2006 licensed2bepretty (jothegreat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1063836-Elizabeth