*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1064736-Ireland-trip
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1064736
Short story of love.
The trees were swaying in the breeze, and their branches seemed to dance. Each movement was unique and did great justice to the chaos theory. As I watched them I felt my heart beat slowing as it tried to match pace with the trees. It seems like I was in total peace of mind. Inside me, my soul was restless. It had been two days, and still no call. It seemed like in my ears I could hear my phone ring, but in reality it remained silent. I didn’t know what I had done to anger her so much, but I truly regret it now. That’s an odd thought. Can you truly regret something even if you don't know what that something is?

Whatever the case was, it was taking a hard toll on my body both physically and emotionally. I was fatigued, depressed, and incomplete. When I walked, I walked as a zombie. Not there in spirit. I was a ghost in a shell. I was devout of emotion. I think I had not even seen care to of my cats.It hadn’t occurred to me, or fully registered in my mind what a life without her would mean. My epiphany came when at the mall I came upon two friends of which were happily together. They chose this day to tell me of their happiness. I soon came to loathe these two whom I had loved so much before.

We went for a cup of tea one day and as usual they were happy. Happy? What's that like? What is it like to feel as if there is no hole in your soul anymore. That something completes you and brings you joy. What is happiness like? Bah, happiness, it only exists in fairy tales. This is true as well as for love, hope, faith,destiny,and all that crap.

This is what I caught myself thinking. This is what I caught myself believng when I saw them kiss. Not my friends. No, that didn't bother me. One day I though myself brave enough to face her and talk to her. When I approached her door I heard those same similar words she said to me millions of times...Baby this,and honey that. It was sickening to me. What did I do? Well of course I found the nearest rock, chucked it into her window and ran. Quite childish it was of me ,but oh did it feel good.

What was becoming of me? Was my Hyde coming out of me? This was not what I thought love would be like. I needed to get away from this. I chose to leave my troubles rather than face them. I would leave for Ireland that very day. Why Ireland? I just happen to love the scenery and lore there. So it was with this conviction that I flew to Ireland.

Ah, Ireland was such a beautiful place. The land was so green and the people so nice. I had lost all my worries there. For two moths I was a tenant of the Tower Inn. I spent my days writing for the local paper and relaxing at a nearby pub with a few new pals. We’d usually drink to the foam and sing songs. I thought my flight from fear worked.

Alas, one gray day I awoke to a cold chill. I had a bad feeling about this day. As I walked to work I happened to have glanced across the street. To my most fearful amazement I saw her. That same girl from home the same one with her dark thick hair blowing in the wind was there. She seemed to be holding a picture and asking people questions. I quickly drew my collar up to hide my profile.
Work went by so slow. I was nervous and jittery. Was that her or had my madness caught up with me? Nevertheless I went about my duties and when worked was over, I skipped my trip to the pub. I came to the local pastry store where a girl I fancied worked. I went in for a cake. She saw me and blushed. “Hello, Clarissa.” I said.

We engaged in a conversation for an hour. It was almost closing time and I felt I needed to leave. She begged me to stay. Oh how those eyes would have kept me there if only the most unwanted thing had happened. Just as she drew me in for a kiss the door opened. Inside stepped that same slender woman who had stolen my love so long ago. At least it felt like it had been long.

Our eyes met. “I’m so sorry.” Were the first words out of her mouth. That’s too little to late I thought. “We should talk in private.” I suggested. Thus, begins the tale of my troubles. Oh my kingdom to sway as free as those trees.
© Copyright 2006 Danzen Andrino (danzen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1064736-Ireland-trip