*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068313-My-True-Romancer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1068313
Have you ever wanted to be romanced? Story based off of what I learned from Captivating
Something had been impressed into her mind. The fact that she could have saved her. Looking again over the past, every event, every conversation, analyzed throughly. Though she began to think yet again of the fact that this happened indeed. For it to be her fault or not was not her consensus.
Anaya was gone yes, though only from her body. Fully knowing that she was in the sight of heaven, comforted her slightly, though the pain of grief clung to close.
She stood with her face to the East and to the morning breeze. They offered their cooling hand to her warm and reddened face. Her bright eyes grew brighter with the magnification of her tears. SHe felt empty, broken, and left alone. Everything she had known in Anaya was gone. All trust broken and burned, but the love she felt her her sister quenched the flame of torment.
She found refuge in seclusion and dismay. Pain and anger only grew with the watering of unanswered questions.
"Why?" was all she could muster then. Crying and weeping emptied her and left her emotionless. She longed to return to herself, one who enjoyed the rises of the sun each morning, one whom felt joy when she wrote poems of praise. She once felt alive in something invisible. Now all she felt was agony and confusion.
"Why Lord?! Why?! Why Anaya?! I know that in my mind you have plans because of this, but Lord...urgh! I really am not happy with you and am just angry. You have abandoned me! You left me alone to feel this pain! Why?!" she cried inside herself.
She stood on the grass and bent down the stone and kissed it softly. It's cold self left a tangible feeling of death upon her lips. Quickly she places the red carnations and walked away. Being the last t leave, she had seen the dirt begin to settle and everyone begin to leave. They considered her now and offered her comfort with them. She denied it grateful for their offerings of hospitality, though with each reply pains of ice clung to their meaning.
As she turned to leave for certainly the last time, she thoughts she smelled her there. With the different scented oils that were used, she faced that place again. Tears again flooded her eyes and she quickened her pace back to it. Falling on the newly turned earth, she clung to the stone and felt out her name.
"Anaya Please....Beloved sister, friend, and daughter....February 29, 1987-January 1, 2006."
Grief yet again took his grip on her. She thought she heard foot steps one the crunching ground, but pushed them aside to dwell in her current grief.
"Are you alright?" the voice asked.
She looked up at first and saw no one. Then turned all about and still no one was in her sight.
"I am here," said the voice. She turned back to her right and there before her stood a man.
"I am sorry...uh...," she smiled though her embarrassed state.
"No it's alright for you have reason to look like that."
She regained her composure and stood in a fashionably manner.
"A reason to look like what? Rubbish?" she spat. He said nothing and just looked at her. She met his glare with her own. Angry in her grief she turned away and walked. Tears still in her eyes, the air warmed up and the breezes were welcomed even more. Not caring that she was rude, for now that her friend was gone, she had much reason to be angry.
"How did she die?!" asked the man's now distant voice. She stopped dead in her path. Surely she was not going to give him the knowing he had gotten to her, she stood still.
"How did she die?" asked the man again with the still concerned tone.
She squared her stance in deficiency.
"Well this person whom ever they were -"
"Whom ever they are, it is one of my pet peeves when people do not use words properly thank you."
"My apologies. Whom ever they are, must have meant something to you."
"Yes they were and still are thank you."
"Yet you still have not answered my question; how did she die?"
She glared at him, again in defiance and at the thought of this stranger knowing about her Anaya.
"All I wish to know is that simple answer,' his voice carried.
She wanted to scream out loud and tell the world that she still missed her. That she was sorry she could not have saved her. To herself she was crying through the pain of tears, she was sinking in her own grief. Longing to escape and to breath, yet also wish to wallow in the darkness of her bitterness and pain.
"Leave me alone,' was all she said. Ironically, every fiber within her being was screaming and yelling for her poison release the poison of her pain.
"So be it. Though should ever you need me, I will always be here dear." With that she turned about to say something and saw nothing. ONly the sight of the stone and the trees surrounding it remained.
Bewildered by the sudden vanishing of the man, she looked around concerned.
"Good...he's gone."
Not knowing what to do and wanting to convey to people the amount of pain she was in, she over came her tears for the time being and made her way back to her car.
© Copyright 2006 Lady Arwen (elvish_writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068313-My-True-Romancer