*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068338-War-Of-The-Mages
by aea
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1068338
A princess goes to reclaim her kingdom destroyed by war.

The year 1844 was a hectic one, and the previous years were hectic as well. There was a war going on in Burman and Velon. Velon was a city of nobles and of people who hated magic. Burman, was a city of mages, people who could do very powerful magic. The most powerful mages in the city of Burman, were the women who were called Burman Goddess Mages. Males, called Eilopian mages, were the second most powerful mages. Both male and female were extremely strong.
The Velonians had been jealous of my people for many years. That is why there was a war, and why they killed the Queen Burman Goddess Mage and her husband the King Eilopian Mage.
My mother was the second-most powerful Burman Goddess Mage. When the Queen died, she became the most powerful mage in the world. My father and mother had foreseen the war and had left Burman after my birth. They were going to raise me in a town called Lenora until the year of my Endora.
The Endora was the year in which mages received their magic and were tested to see how powerful they were. The year was in their thirteenth year of life, and when I turned to my Endora, it was 1857.
Lenora was a peaceful village, and all the people of the village were awed at my family’s magic, and so they rejoiced at my parent’s arrival. I had a peaceful growing up to the year of my Endora. I had made many friends in my years of growth, one of which was a young boy named Mika. If he had been an Eilopian Mage, than he as well as I would be in the year of Endora, for we were the same age.
In the year of my Endora, my mother told me of our people, and about the war against Velonians that destroyed them. My father taught me martial arts, and swordsmanship, my mother taught me how to use my magic. Near the end of my year of Endora, a man came to the village. He had a group of men with him, and all had great weapons. The men forced everyone to the center of the village.
“Greetings, people of Lenora. We wish to find two people, possibly three. If you tell us where these people are, we will not harm you or your families.” The man said as he examined a woman’s face. The man had shoulder length jet black hair, and a pointed moustache and goatee. He wore a long jet-black cloak, and black leather gloves. He turned from her, and caught sight of my mother.
“Where exactly,” he said, pulling off a glove and slapping it against his bare palm “are these mages?” and the man walked towards my mother.
“We d-don’t know sir!” an old man said, and the visitor turned towards him pulling out a gun and shooting him in the head. The people around him either gasped and turned pale, or if they were related, they kneeled down next to him weeping. Again, the man turned toward my mother.
“Now, I know the mages we are looking for are in this town. So, I doubt very much that you do not know where they are, so if you do not tell me, I will kill someone else.” He said, and walked toward Mika and pressed the gun to his head
© Copyright 2006 aea (kirowyns at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068338-War-Of-The-Mages