*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068835-The-Chase
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1068835
Alex Black and Jason Green are in a high speed pursuit with a dangerous felon.
The Chase


"Jason, get a clean shot at the wheel this time!" said Alex, as he weaved in between traffic, going at a daring eighty miles per hour.

The explosion of a bullet zipping past Alex almost made him crash into another car as he jerked the wheel to the left into the passing lane. Behind them, from felon Ezekiel Jackson's black Corvette ZO6, another bullet flew past. It hit the green Jeep beside them. The Jeep's driver jerked his wheel to the right, crashing into a rock cliff, smashing its side in.

Ezekiel fired yet another bullet at Alex's car.

It hit the front window of his car, cracking the windshield. Alex pulled out his gun and fired a bullet at the window, sending the glass shattering everywhere.

Alex took the offramp. The car sped up the offramp, and they turned right into a nearby neighborhood that had oaks with golden yellow leaves. The wind from the broken windshield made Alex's eyes water. He couldn't concentrate, and right then, Jackson shot the tires. It sent them spinning out of control, but Alex pulled the emergency brake, and the car stopped.

Alex and Jason ran out of the car, and they hid behind it. Alex pulled a pistol out of his holster, and Jackson's car screeched to a stop at the opposite side of the street, perfectly aligned with Alex's.

He peeked over the car top and took aim at Ezekiel Jackson with his pistol. A car skidded into another at the sound of bullets flying from the black car stopped across the street, making Alex miss. The bullet hit the car instead.

Jackson quickly spun around and fired a bullet at the gas tank of Alex's car. Alex saw the gas pouring out of the tank, onto the street. Another shot would blow it. Alex saw Jackson readying his gun and yelled to his partner Jason Green, grabbing his hand. "Run!"

Jason ran alongside Alex. The car exploded, and threw them forward into a tree. They fell to the ground. They couldn't even move, and the only thought in their heads as they looked at the burning hot fire that covered the street was, Did Jackson make it out alive?

Too many times he had left them like this, though they had a very strong feeling that Jackson wouldn't be able to do that to them again in the future. They knew if Jackson wasn't dead, next time would be the time.



*Bullet* My name is Nick, and I am ten years old. Please be kind while reviewing my story. I love to write, but I am just learning. Thanks!
© Copyright 2006 Lil Padawan (jedi_padawan10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068835-The-Chase