*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1069649-The-Pond-of-Reason
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1069649
About Reason...
Deep within the Whimsal woods, under the lucious emerald trees, is a pond. Not a single leaf leaps into the pond's water, in autumn, and not a speck of snow cracks the thin surface, in winter. The water is still as stone, through wind and rain, and as unwavering as the moon's reluctance to show its backside, when it hails or the trees crumble around it. To a man, of he had ever laid eyes on it, this pool of water would be no more than a dirty pond, not to fit to drink not even fit enough to bath in. He would look at it and see only the leeches and pests that do muster somewhere in its inky depths. But no matter how much man wishes to hate this pond, or wished to embrace and love it, he could never find it. This pond is not fit for man, he has killed the lord, and made him a burden to bear instead of a joy to praise, not fit for his lips to wrap around its sweet juice, nor fit enough to gaze into it, as it tantilizes the body with its cool waters, and the mind with its alluring voice. Only one is allowed to break the glittering surface, only one can glide through the pond's waters as an eagle soars amongst the whispering winds and the humble clouds, content with the lives that take only hours to live. She lets the ripples catch her, and so they do, calmly, but swifty. Lightly, but with force. Her pale body floats in the midst of the pond, fairies come and drape white flowers over her hair, they dance upon her plump belly, and soft breast. She has a name, Reason, and without her there would be none. She brings ties lovers together with knots from her hairs, and takes meat off her bones to feed the poor and the greedy. Her eyes only see what the scholars try to find, and her mind only thinks what the philosphers need to know. Her heart beats for the gluttons,the lustful,the hateful, and the proud. With one hand she gives, and with the other she mends. The pool that god gave her releases her of sins, washes them away, and gives her Hope. Hope that one day her face can be seen by all and they will say " This is reason, and we love her".
© Copyright 2006 Aiden Altius (arconon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1069649-The-Pond-of-Reason