*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1069729-Mirrored-Passion
by Neerod
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1069729
A man falls in love with the unexpected
Tears filmed those lovely gray-green eyes. Eyes that had always twinkled with merriment, always within reach of a smile. Now they were on the verge of crying.

He wanted to reach out and wipe those tears even before they could fall. But he couldn’t do anything but watch her. There was a glass barrier between them and he didn’t dare smash it.

He felt he would cry too. The sight of her so sad, so full of sorrow, just touched his heart. In a moment, his tears were falling freely.

He looked at her and saw she was crying too. He could hear both their sobs echoing inside the room. It was deafening. That sick sound of sadness.

“Why can’t we be together?” they chorused.

Theirs was a sad story. Just like Pyramus and Thisbe, they had to meet in secret, and even then they couldn’t touch or even caress each other.

That glass hindered their movements. He wanted to shatter it…yet if he did, it would make noise and everyone would know they had a relationship, and he didn’t want her to go.

He reached out and touched the cold, cold glass. She did the same. They stared deep into each other’s teary eyes.

One day, they’d run away to a place where no stone walls or clear glass to separate them from each other. They’d be free to love each other anyway they could. That he told himself. He didn’t want to stay this way.

Just then, there came a knock on the bathroom door.

“Jimmy!” Diane’s voice called. “Are you okay there?”

“I’m fine!” Jimmy answered in a voice that, though deep and manly, was tinged with just the right female touch. “I’m just…just practicing my acting.”

With visibly red cheeks, he went out the bathroom.
© Copyright 2006 Neerod (neerod at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1069729-Mirrored-Passion