*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070393-Really-Beautiful
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Teen · #1070393
This is a story about me finding myself through a trip.
As our bus arrived in Frakes, Kentucky, I was so excited to finally be there. The air smelling as fresh as the morning mist, the grass bright and full as the sun, soft as rose petals brushing along your face. And of course the one who loves me unconditionally, looking at me with his smile up to heaven and back, so excited to see me. Kentucky was "this amazing trip that would change your life" as everyone seemed to tell us. So why not try something new? So I did, and the journey was too unbelievably amazing to comprehend.

So here I was, in Kentucky, where I never thought I would find myself. When we arrived, we unpacked our bags, got situated, and went exploring. Is this really happening to me?, I thought to myself at least four times a day. Yep, it was real alright, and it was just the beginning. This place was amazing, nothing like New Jersey, or any other place I had visited. It had this feeling about it, which I just couldn't seem to figure out. IT was beautiful, delightful, and the sight of everything was just breath taking. This beauty was a type of beauty I had never seen before.

I would be here for a week, and this whole life style was new to my knowledge. I wasn't sure how I would react to this new change in myself that everyone told me I was about to experience. So I figured that I would just take "my experience" as it came. As the week proceeded. everything just got better and better, except the fact that we would all have to go home soon, and I had yet to figure out my life-changing experience. I have always known that as long as you love yourself the way you are, and you accepted youself, that whatever anybody else thought didn't matter. But for some unknown reason I always had this issue in totally believing that. I knew that I was very beautiful. I was told so all the time. But I always looked at other girls and wondered what they had about them that just made them look the way they do. And I just couldn't figure out what it was.
© Copyright 2006 HeavenSent8690 (heavensent8690 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070393-Really-Beautiful