*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070406-A-fire1-chapter-one
Rated: E · Chapter · Tragedy · #1070406
This story is about a girl who get's traped in a fire! What will happen?
“Wasn’t that service great today? I loved the stories the priest told!” I exclaimed with joy. We had just left the church building and were heading to the car. My little sister Callie is only 4 so when we got to the car I had to help her into her car seat. Callie looked absolutely adorable in her light blue dress. Her hair was pulled back with a headband and she wore her dark blue bracelets she got for Christmas. After I helped Callie I ventured to the other side of the car and opened the other door, I jumped in the back seat next to Callie and plugged in my seat belt. Then my mom started the engine and we drove off down the road towards our house.
As we drove into the driveway I spotted my cat named Princess relaxing in the window. My mom got out of the car and took my now crying baby sister Callie inside for a dipper change. I unbuckled my seatbelt and raced inside to my precious Princess, and I picked her up. I walked over to the window and stared at the fluffy white clouds in the sky and thought that my life was perfect and nothing could go wrong. Then I remembered just last week my best friend Paige’s house caught fire but her dad is a fire man so everyone in her family got out of the flaming house safely, but her house was burnt to the ground. I squeezed my cat one last time then let her go. She pranced off into a corner.
I skipped happily to Callie’s bedroom and saw her playing with her teddy bear Callie yawned and rested her head on her bear. I scooped her up and placed her in her bed and tucked her in under her princess comforter turned on her nightlight, then turned off the lights and walked out. I traveled down stairs and into the kitchen, my mom was cooking lunch. We were having Meat loaf with green beans and mashed potatoes. I decided to help her mash the potatoes.
Hi mom can I help?” I asked
Sure go right ahead!” she said happily. As we were mashing potatoes side by side I thought about the day Callie was born. It was so magical, me a 12 year old little girl holding my new sister. My mom and dad said having a little sister would be a big responsibly and on that day as I held her in the hospital room I had secretly made a promise I would always care for her. But 3 weeks before my sister turned one year old my dad died in a car crash. Even though he died my mom still stayed strong for all of us. I was always so proud of my mom a single mother with two kids to raise and still providing for us even though she only had a part time job. I guess you could say that me and Callie are spoiled because we always get everything we want, but were not spoiled were just loved.
Yummy lunch was good today mom! It was great,” I complimented. I rinsed off my plate and placed it in the dishwasher. I did the same for my sister’s plate, and then I picked Callie up and carried her up stairs to her bedroom. I put her next to her toy box and pulled out her teddy bear again. I watched her play for a couple minutes, and then I went to my computer.
I turned on the computer and signed on instant messenger. I inspected my buddy list and saw that one of my friends, Roxi was on.
Hotgirl4u: Hi Roxi! What’s up?
FoxyRoxisurfergal: mm, not much you?
Hotgirl4u: same here well umm hold on my sister is crying lol!
FoxyRoxisurfergal: oh ok! Lol!
Hotgirl4u is away
FoxyRoxisurfergal: ok….
Auto response from Hotgirl4u: Taking care of Callie!!
FoxyRoxisurfergal signed off
Hotgirl4u signed off
© Copyright 2006 G00dwriter#1 (best_writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070406-A-fire1-chapter-one