*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070797-In-the-Dark
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1070797
A short trip to Ohio leads them to a non-existent Hell.
This is Chapter one, titled "original sin"
(WARNING: There are drug and alchohol related parts to this chapter. I do not condone drugs, it is just for the story.)

---------------
It was October twenty-fifth, and Autumn had officially taken over as the current season. The cold colors of Fall took identity in the never-ending falling of leaves.
Autumn took character in Shadyside and the surrounding communities of Clarview Heights and Fairmont Village. A jack-o-lantern sat on nearly every porch in the area, waiting for night to be lit and illuminate the cold, windy night.

It was a Tuesday night, cold and dry. Around eight o' clock, darkness coveted the the town, but in Club Mist, it was a different story.
Flasing lights swung everywhere and caught sparkles of sweat from the dancing youths below.
The vibrating sounds of dance music and rap echoed throughout the walls.
Amongst the large, energetic crowd stood Rivers Lezra, Buffy Locklear, Paramella Bellaggio, and Bethanie Fairchild.
The girls were sexily dressed and quite excited about a night of dancing and fun.

Rivers flipped her long and silky black hair. "Buffy I think Brett is checking you out again esse." Her spanish accent came out smooth and exotic.

Buffy laughed as her green eyes glistened in the dark light. "I know, we talk some, but I don't think it's a love thing."

"What type of thing is it then?" Bethanie said sarcastically. She patted the cornrows on her head in order to relieve an itch in her dark hair. "Is it like a FWB?"

"I'm not telling you." Buffy retorted with a slight laugh. "I can say that we'll be hooking up later on tonight though."

"Whoa!" Paramella shrieked as their friend Carl Merrel snatched her up and dragged her to the dancefloor.
The song changed to a remix of "Honey" by Mariah Carey and Buffy frantically tapped Rivers on the shoulder.

"What?" Rivers exclaimed.

"This is my song! I'm going to get Brett, bye!" Buffy rushed away in search of Brett.

Bethanie sighed. "Where are our men when we need them?"

"Probably getting high as usual." Rivers remarked. "But forget them, let's dance with each other."

Meanwhile, Buffy and Brett were dancing close. The lustfully attcked each other with seductive touches and yearning glances.
Buffy couldn't help but stare at Brett Fields. He was the captain of the wresting team and many girls wanted him. He had short balck hair with emerald eyes. The same eye color as she, it was perfect.

Brett leaned forward and whispered in Buffy's ear. "Let's go to the bathroom."

With a smile, Buffy followed him into the unisex bathroom.
A few people walked out as they entered.

"This one." Buffy told him while leading him to the last stall. It was secluded and private. This was exactly what they wanted.

Back at the dancefloor, Bethnanie and Rivers were simultaneously dancing with Carl.
As Bethanie twirld past Rivers she giggled, "I'm hot!"

"Hey break up the minority sandwich here!" Scott Green exclaimed sarcastically while surprising the girls with his appearance.

Carl laughed. "Hey, once they go black they do not come back."

Scott snickered, showing his pearly whites. He was surely a gorgeous young man. He was one hundred percent Italian and it showed. He had dark skin that was spotted in some places with tattoos. His dark brown hair was cut with precision against his face. Sideburns were his trademark. His dark brown eyes were showing a tint of red from the influence of marijuana.

"Hey!" Rivers greeted her boyfriend. "Where were you?"

He smiled. "Just makin' some money you know."

"Is Steve with you?" Bethanie interrupted.

"What?" Scott shouted over the music.

Bethanie rolled her eyes. "Steve, is he with you?"

"Oh yeah, he's here somewhere." Scott pulled out a bottle of Henessy from his coat. "Ya'll wanna drink on this?"

"Hell yeah." Carl said from behind him. "Let's go to the bathroom, security'll probably say somethin'"

Scott, Carl, Bethanie, and Rivers traveled to the bathroom.
As Scott passed them, Trisha Mezroni and April Rain eyed him up.

Trisha blew a strand of her long red hair from her face. Then her red lips parted. "That boy is so fine. I wish he was single."

April laughed. "When did a girlfriend ever stop you? I mean look at him, I'm about to get on that."

Trisha sighed. "Don't be a tease."

After getting through a slew of people, and meeting Steve along the way, Scott and his friends entered the bathroom.
Scott was the first to open the door. He heard some peculiar noises and turned back to his friends.

"Shh." He said laughing. "I think there's someone f***ing in there."

Steve chuckled as his long brown hair bounced against his red cheeks. Bethanie's boyfriend was considered the most inconsiderate stoner in the city. "Just be quiet when you go in man."'

The five entered the bathroom quietly. They listened to the moans and groans of two people in the last stall. They could also identify a few articles of clothing on the stall floor.
Scott handed his bottle to Carl and mischievously appraoched the stall.
BAM! Scott flung the stall door open and exposed Buffy and Brett getting sexual.
Buffy was topless and Brett stood in his underwear.
Scott stood laughing with his friends. "Damn Brett you better give her a twenty piece!"

"F**k you Scott!" Buffy scolded getting dressed.

"Let me see some titties." Carl said sarcastically while sipping the bottle.

"Don't no one wanna see them flat ass muthefu**as man." Steve commented.

"You guys are assholes!" Bethanie stated.

"I know." Rivers said trying to hide her laughter, although she didn't quite understand why it was so funny. "Leave them alone."

Finally, Buffy and Brett emerged from the stall fully dressed and fully mortified. They then rushed out of the bathroom not wanting to face the crowd.

Scott snatched the bottle from Carl and chugged it.

"Yuck!" Rivers said in disgust.

Scott handed it to Steve almost half of the bottle gone. "Alright people. I have to go." He attempted to leave but Rivers grabbed him.

"Where are you going now?" She asked, visibly irritated.

Scott jerked himslef away. "You aint my mother." With that, he left the bathroom.



Scott exited the club and started towards his car, a loaded, beautiful 1964 Chevy Impala convertably with twenty inch wire rims.
He was quite intoxicated after drinking a large amount of alchohol at a fast pace.
Scott made it to his car and witnessed a tall, blue eyed blonde leaning against it. It was his long time friend Christina Cassidy.

"Hey." He greeted. "What the hell are you doing here."

"Whoo!" Christina laughed waving her hand in front of her nose. "Someone's been drinking."

"Yeah, a little." He went to get in the car but Christina moved in his way.

"No way are you driving."

He pushed her out of his way. "D'you want a ride somewhere or not?"

"Can I trust you?"

He smiled, that kind of smug smile that he knew Christina loved about him. "Maybe."

She got in the car along with him. "Where you headed?"

He started the car. "I'm just ridin' around. I'm about to smoke a blunt if you wanna stay with me."

Christina smiled. She had a crush on Scott for years now. He was like her dream man, in a twisted sort of way. His looks let him get a way with him being a total jerk, but she liked him that way. "Yeah, I'm with you. I don't have anyhting better to do." To her, that was an understatement.

Scott turned the next corner perfectly. He was a good 'drunk' driver, as of there ever were one. "What are you doing for Halloween?"

She sighed. "Maybe I'll pass out candy or something. What about you?"

"We're all going to Ohio. There's some Halloween concert thing there. You can come if you want."

"That's cool. Like a road trip. I'm sure there are already too many people."

Scott glanced at her for a moment as he continued driving in a relatively straight line. "We're taking Steve's conversion van, there's enough room Chrissy." He pulled into a local CoGos. "You're eighteen right?"

"Yeah." Christina replied.

"Then go grab a blunt, I don't feel like getting out."

She rolled her eyes. "Yes Sir." She lept out of the car and rushed inside of the store.

A few minutes later they were parked in a back alley behind the CoGos.
Scott put his hands out the window and scraped the tobacco out of the cigar paper. He then reached inside of his pocket and retrieved a small baggie of purple tinted marijuana.

"Who is at this concert?" Christina asked.

Scott was busy rolling. "A bunch of punk bands. I'm not really sure. Steve told us about it. It's like a three day thing though. I'm just going to get f***ed up." He lit the blunt, took a long drag, and handed it to Christina.

She wasn't a big fan of weed, but on occasion she'd smoke with her friends. She though it should be lagalized anyway. She hit it and let the smoke pour into her lungs as her eyed grew heavy. "You think anyone wil mind if I come?"

"No, why would they?"

She passed the blunt. "I don't know. I just get this feeling that Rivers doesn't like me."

Scott shrugged. "I don't think she has a problem with you." He smiled at her once again. "She might be a little jealous though."

Christina blushed. "Is Buffy coming?"

Scott chuckled at the thought of Buffy. "You want her to?"

"Yes. Why did you laugh just now?"

"I caught Buffy and Brett gettin' freaky at the club."

Christina giggled. "Wow, Brett? I would never have guessed."

"Buffy's a hoe cuz." He widened his eyes and smirked. "I'm f***ing drunk."

She laughed. "I can tell. Hey Scott can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, just don't ask me to take a sobriety test."

"Do you think I'm pretty?"

He appeared surprised, but answered honestly. "I think you're beautiful."

-----------------
(the story gets much more interesting in the next chapters, trust me.)
© Copyright 2006 Heidi Stockdale (tsalagiyonv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070797-In-the-Dark