*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1071281-Sniffed-in-space
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Sci-fi · #1071281
this is my book im working on




Bob was about to start eating when the phone rang. He got off his chair and picked it up “Hello”… Bob waited for a reply but no one answered so he hanged up and went back to his plate. About an hour later the doorbell rang it was Jim, Bob’s best friend “Jim your here lets go play Super Guys on the gamebox” Jim looked at Bob “No lets play… Super Guys 2!!!” Bob’s jaw dropped as he stared at the game in Jim’s hand “its not possible… super guys 2 hasn’t even been released… have you played it yet?” Jim smiled at bob “no I just got it” Bob and Jim went in side and played super guys 2 for hours. Bob’s parents were out at a big dinner with his brother Mark but Bob didn’t care he would rather play with his friends than go to a fancy dinner. At 8:00 PM the doorbell rang again it was Bob’s other best friend Joe. “Joe guess what!” Joe thought for a moment and was about to say something when Jim came running out of the house and said, “We have super guys 2!!!” Joe paused for a minute with the same expression as Bob had “your joking… it’s not even out yet” Bob sighed fine I guess you don’t want to play it then” Joe thought for a second. After persuading Joe they had super guys 2 they all sat down and played it.


“Yes level 5!!!!” Bob, Jim and Joe got up to level 5 after a few hours so they saved and had a break from it. They went in to the kitchen and looked around “lets have a drink” Bob opened the fridge “who wants what?” Jim looked in the fridge and he spotted the Solo “I want Solo” Joe also looked around in the fridge he saw the Pepsi “I want the Pepsi” Bob grabbed the Pepsi, Solo and the lemonade Jim rolled his eyes “always the lemonade isn’t it Bob” Bob turned around and looked at Jim “what’s wrong with lemonade… its better then Solo” Jim smirked at Bob “you wish!” Bob and Jim stared at each other not even blinking. Joe sighed and shook his head ‘tap tap’ “Bob, Jim what was that?” They looked at Joe and said at the same time “what?” ‘Tap tap’ Joe looked at them again “that!” They all looked around the room looking for were the sound came from after a few minutes they realised the sound was coming from upstairs. “What is it…what if it’s a ghost or mummy or even a. VAMPIRE?” Jim slapped Joe on the face “Joe snap out of it” Joe pushed Jim off him and looked up the stairs Bob gave him and Jim a pan and rolling pin each “put the pan on your head and get the rolling pins ready let’s move out!” Jim saluted Bob and went up the stairs but Joe just stood there “well what are you waiting for get up there” Joe gave Bob the evil eye for a few seconds then he remembered that the evil eye is fake and doesn’t work so he sighed and went up the stairs.
Bob got to the stairs and found Jim and Joe near his bedroom door “Bob it might be in his room” Bob looked at his door and then realised it was closed “did you close my door because my door is never closed?” Jim and Joe looked at each over and then looked at Bob “your door was closed when we came up” Bob walked up to the door and slowly opened it “get ready to charge in” Bob finally pushed the door open and they all charged in “yarrrrr! Die evil vampire” they suddenly realised there was nothing in there until they heard the tapping sound Bob jumped behind his bed, Jim hid behind Bob’s toy box and Joe Ducked under the TV. “Where is it coming from?” Bob looked at Jim “I don’t know… Where’s Joe?” Bob crawled to the other side of his large double bed struggling through the toys, dust and rubbish that had piled up over the years. When Bob finally got to the other side of his bed he quickly looked around for Joe “Joe… Joe! Bob heard Joe whimpering behind his TV and drawers then he slid back under his bed “Jim… Joes behind my TV” Jim tried to get a view of the TV but all he could see was the side “damm! I can’t see him” Bob grabbed his tennis ball and chucked it at the side of the TV. !!THWONK!! Joe looked back to see what had hit the TV “what are you doing you idiots it could of heard that!” Joe looked at the other side of Bob’s room this was the first time he had realised just how big Bobs room was.” Joe you have to get to my bed!” Joe turned around and nodded then he disappeared under Bobs TV “you too Jim” Bob slid under his bed and got to the other side “come on Joe you can do it” Joe was looking around the room when Bob was joined by Jim “what’s he doing?” Jim looked at Bob only to see Bob was just as confused as he was “Joe!!” Joe quickly started to crawl to Bob’s bed and to Bob and Jim it seemed to go into slow motion “R.U.U.U.U.U.U.U.U.N.N.N.” Bob stared at Jim and whacked him on the head “oww why’d you hit me” as the words came from his mouth he realised what was happening “Joe stop going slow!” Joe then started to go quick but at this point
He was so close to the bed he banged his head on the bed. Now by this time you’d think that they had figured out that there’s nothing in Bob’s room if you thought this than you will be pleased to know that its just what’s about to happen “wait a minute we’ve made so much noise wouldn’t it of heard us by now?” asked Jim as he looked at the other side of Bob’s room “he’s right!! Its not in here” agreed Joe “but if its not in here then where is it… hang on what’s that light outside?” all of them looked out the window wondering what the light was coming from “its probably your parents” suggested Joe but Bob just frowned “they are not going to be back for another 3 hours” Joe started to think for a minute and then he snapped his fingers.

“I have an idea let’s go outside and see what the light is!” Bob and Jim looked at Joe in confusion “why are you being so brave?” asked Bob thinking of all the times Joe had chickened out “because it could be exciting you guys like the FBI or something!” Bob nodded his head in agreement “or it could just be your neighbours car or a garbage truck or even just someone’s house light” Jim had a good point but it would not stop our heroes (to be of course) from going out side leaving all safety behind and go where no kid had gone before THE ROUND ROAD COURT THINGY INFRONT OF BOB’S HOUSE… AT NIGHT!!! They stepped out of the door Bob was holding a cricket bat and Jim was holding a broom while on the other hand Joe was holding a water pistol picture a scene from a movie were the three of them walked in slow motion away from the door trying to look cool until Bob trips and hits Jim in the face and the broom he’s holding wacks Joes privates but after all this they walked on not knowing what they would face in the darkness “I’m scared… why don’t we go back to the house” Joe had lost all his enthusiasm after the little accident with the broom “this was your idea in the first place so you cant back down now” Bob was right in more ways than he knew 1.Joe did suggest it 2.Bob and Jim would probably bash him if he did 3. The door had locked its self and finally 4. They were about to be taken.
“Look the light it’s over there!!” Bob was pointing into the middle of the court were two dim lights just floated there because what ever they were coming from it was to dark to see it “what in gods name is it?” all of them just looked at the strange thing waiting for some thing to happen “maybe we should go…” before Joe could finish the dim lights suddenly got as bright as the sun “what the!?!” now they could clearly see that the thing in front of them was not from this world it was large and made of strange yellow metal. Suddenly a large hatch on the front of it opened up and a strange voice came from inside “well come on get in here I have ten more pickups to do yet and its getting late” the boys just stared wide eyed at the man standing inside the hatch “umm?” they just didn’t know if they could trust him “don’t be scared come on!!” Joe was almost wetting himself but Bob made up his mind “ok lets hop in you guys” Jim and Joe looked at Bob shocked at what he had just suggested but Jim who was not one to argue just shrugged and hopped in but Joe just stood there “come on Joe lets go… think about all the adventures we could have” Joe thought about it for a minute and then nodded his head and then he hopped in as well. Bob took one last look at his home and then turned around and walked into the ship. The boys walked over to the man who had told them to get in “excuse me sir but umm… why did you pick us up?” the man seemed to be looking at a large pad then he started to run his finger down it “E…Eabric, Eacc Ah here it is Earth ok so you must be Bob and these two must be Jim and Joe, umm well my boss wanted to meet you” Bob looked back at Jim and Joe but they just stood there with puzzled expressions “But why would he want to meet us… and how would he even know who we are?” the man shrugged and started pressing buttons on the dash board so they just went and sat down. “What are we doing you guys, I mean we just hopped into a strange alien spaceship, didn’t you two even think of how we would get home… we might not even see our families again” Bob tried to say something but Joe wouldn’t let him “Bob you’re an idiot think about all the adventures we could have bla bla yea well you didn’t mention any thing about not being able to get home did ya” Joe stood up and went and sat on the other side of Jim and angrily crossed his arms “come on Joe… I didn’t have time to think about whether or not to stay and continue to live my boring life or hop on a alien ship and have lots of adventures and any way you didn’t exactly say no did you” but still Joe just sat angrily with his arms crossed “stop fighting you guys were going where no ones gone before and all your doing is fighting in front of all these human… alien type things” Joe sighed because he knew Jim was right “I’m sorry Bob but remember this isn’t over but for now… lets get something to eat”.
The ship was now far from earth in fact it was out of the Milky Way galaxy and was heading for the Ouric galaxy a place that no one from Earth had ever seen before “wow look a space station!!” the boys were all enjoying the sites they could see out the window “ awesome an alien surf boarder!!” they could see a lot of aliens floating next to each other on surf boards getting ready to have a race “look a flying green cow!!” they looked as the flying green cow disrupted the race and got sucked into a large booster on the space station “I don’t think that was a good thing you guys, just pretend you didn’t see anything” as the ship got further and further away the boys watched a large explosion in the distance. “Boys we will be landing soon and I can’t go with you so after you get off the ship head to the Zarc bar and ask around for Ajax Shar he will be able to get you some tickets for the Star cruiser” Bob nodded to the driver and headed back to his seat “umm sir I was wondering err how will we know were to find the bar?” the driver laughed and handed Joe a map “cool… thanks” Joe walked over to his seat and looked out the window trying to see if he could see the planet they were going to land on. The ship was now rushing through the atmosphere of the planet Eronsa, they could see hundreds of tall buildings everywhere and a large taxi spot that their ship was going to land at. The ship touched down and the boys got up from their seats “remember head strait for the Zarc bar and tell them Jonny sent you ok, oh and be careful” they waved goodbye and watched the ship fly into the distance “darn it I forgot to ask him what way to go!!” as Bob angrily jumped up and down Joe remembered the map he had been given “Bob don’t worry I have a map” Bob stoped jumping and quickly ran over to Joe “why didn’t you say so, lets have a look” Joe opened up the map and started looking for their location “ok so we’re here and the bar must be… ahh there it is” as Bob and Joe started to try and find the quickest way to get there Jim started to throw rocks at an old light up sign. “Jim lines up the pitch he shoots” (THWONK!!!) “And he scores yea I rock… what the?” all the letters on the sign suddenly lit up and Jim could clearly see it spelt out the Zarc bar “you guys its right in front of us!” Bob and Joe turned around to see Jim standing in front of the Zarc bar “umm I was just about to tell you two that… well what are you waiting for lets go in” Joe put away the map and followed Bob and Jim into the Zarc bar. The boys looked around the large misty bar and realised that this bar was a place where people would go to get illegal business done so they quietly walked over to the bar not drawing attention to them selves “excuse me miss but do you know were we could find Ajax Shar” the bar tender turned around and faced the boys “what business do a bunch of kids have with Ajax?” Joe pushed through Jim and Bob so he was next to the bar “Jonny sent us” the bar tender nodded and went over to a door at the back of the bar “some people are here to see you sir… they say Jonny sent them” she came back over to the bar and sat down “ he said you can go in and see him but be quick he’s not in a good mood today” they went over to the door and went in. this part of the bar was very different it was all clean and there were nice looking people at the tables “we went in the wrong side of the bar!!” they continued to go through this nice clean little restaurant until they came to a large office “please come in” Bob opened the door that the voice had come from and sitting at a desk was a large headed blue alien “ahh I was wondering when you would get here I have been waiting for ages but I’m on an important call at the moment so go get a table and order some food and I will be with you shortly” Bob and Jim turned around and headed out the door “hey wait a minute… where’s Joe?” just at that moment Bob and Jim heard Joe scream so they quickly ran out of the office to see what the commotion was about “get me out of here!!” Joe was sticking out of a giant nose on the back of an alien “how did you get in there?” Jim started to laugh as Bob went over to help Joe “its not funny!!!” Bob pulled Joe out of the nose and he fell with a large splat as snot flew around the room “ewww its all over the place Joe… and its in your mouth” Joe got up holding his mouth and quickly ran over to the toilets “he’s never going to get over this his he?” Jim shook his head “ahhhhhhhh!!” Joe quickly ran out of the toilet room he was in and went into the other one and some angry looking female aliens came out of the one he was just in and started looking for him “ err lets go get a table Jim” Bob and Jim went and sat down at a table and waited for Joe. “ Man I’m glad that’s over I only just got the snot out of my hair” Joe sat down and joined Jim and Bob in a conversation as they waited for a waiter “hello young ones I will be your waiter today so here is your menu” the boys all looked eagerly down there menus seeing what types of food they had “I will have the… clasn burger” said Jim as he handed the waiter his menu “and I will have the radfer meal” Joe was still looking down the menu until he found some thing that sounded safe “hmm I will have the yarsanostic soup” the waiter took Joe’s menu and went into the kitchen “cool we’re about to have alien food” Jim was looking forward to having something to eat even if it was alien food “here you are young ones I hope you enjoy” the waiter placed the plates on the table and walked away “this looks good” Jim started eating right away but Joe wasn’t sure what was in his soup “I think I just saw an eye!!” Bob arranged his meal and started to gobble down what appeared to be an alien version of chips “there you are, sorry about before, but the holocall was very important” Ajax sat down and began to discuss with the boys why they were picked up.
“All I know is that the boss needs you for his big plans” the boys were starting to wonder if they would ever find out why they were picked up “what big plans… and why would he need us?” Bob waited impatiently for his question to be answered as Ajax finished off his meal “Mmm that’s good… look I don’t know what the plan is all I know is he needs you boys if he is ever going to finish it, ahh I almost forgot here’s three tickets for the space cruiser Startanic” Joe scratched his head for a minute thinking of what that name reminded him of “wait a minute isn’t that name… um some kind of cheese?” Bob and Jim shook their heads “come on Joe lets go” the boys waved goodbye to Ajax and went out the same way they came in. as the boys walked through the Smokey fog of the bar Joe bumped into a strange fish alien “watch it you... err hey kid ye want this umm holoputer?” Joe looked at the thing the fish was holding “I cant I have no where to use it and I couldn’t afford it” the fish was very edgy for some reason “look kid it’s a portable holoputer and I will give it to you for free” Joe knew that had to be a good deal so he took the holoputer off the fish and watched him run off “Joe hurry up!” with his new hp Joe followed Bob out the door. “What took you so long Joe?” Joe walked out into the nice sunshine and held the hp up so Bob and Jim could see it “this is what took me so long” before Bob could


ask what it was two police aliens ran up to them and arrested them.



Jim had been knocked out during the struggle but now his eyes were starting to open and he could see he was in the back of what appeared to be an alien vehicle with Bob and Joe “what happened?” Bob turned around to see Jim had finally woke up “don’t you remember… you were knocked out when we were trying to get away from the police” at that moment Jim remembered what had happened “but why were we arrested?” Bob pointed over to Joe who was playing around with a stone he had found “ask him” Jim walked up to Joe “how should I know I didn’t do any thing” Bob angrily walked up to Joe and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt “well why did they arrest us, because of that thing you had!!?” Joe pushed Bob away and wiped his shirt down “it was only a holoputer!!” as Bob was about to smash Joes face Jim stepped in “and were did you get a holoputer from?” as Joe was about to tell them they herd a large bang come from the wall in front of them “shut up back there!!!” the boys sat down and were quiet for the rest of the trip. Bob woke up only to find that he was blindfolded and his arms and legs were tied up then he started to whisper “Jim, Joe are you there?” Bob waited for a reply “Bob its you thank the lord I thought I was the only one here” Jim who was on the other side of the room started to crawl towards the spot Bob’s voice had come from “hey Jim do you know were Joe is?” as Bob asked the question they herd Joe scream in pain “someone help me!!!”. Bob and Jim heard a large thump near where they were “Joe is that you?” Jim managed to get his hands untied and his blindfold off “Joe what happened to you?” Joe was lying on the floor with a red mark on his wrist “they gave me a… Chinese burn” Jim gasped and started to untie Bob “do you think there going to come and get me and Jim next?” Joe sat up and started thinking of what had happened “they kept asking me where I had got the hp from but they wouldn’t believe me when I told them I got it from a fish” Jim had finally untied Bob “well you took your time Jim… anyway we have to find a way out of here”. For the next few days the boys went on as normal, finding what ever they could that might just help them escape. It was lunchtime and every one was in the eating area the boys were busily eating their food when Jim got an idea “ Joe I need you to pretend to be chocking on a bit of food” Joe started to choke on a small bit of Zarbfin that had got stuck in his throat after hearing Jims horrible idea “Good work Joe… your very convincing, some one help my poor friend he is choking and might die if he is not helped” as the guards all went up to Joe trying to help him Jim sneaked over to the guard’s quarters Lucky for Jim the guards had left the door open so Jim snuck right in. The guard post was very different to the rest of the jail it was clean and had nice paint it even had a holo TV or as Jim named it a HV Jim walked over to a locker at the side of the room where he found a map of the whole prison “this will come in handy” happy with himself Jim started to make his way to the door when he heard the guards starting to come back to there quarters “damit… wait a minute” Jim jumped over a large couch and straight into a open air vent (who knows why it was open) so fast that it was like he had never been there. Joe and Bob were back in their cell wondering what had happened to Jim “what if the guards got…” just as Joe was about to finish Jim fell out of an air vent on the roof “owwwww!!” Jim had fallen on top of the grate that had blocked the air vent “Jim are you alright?” Jim got up and brushed him self down “of course I am, I only fell from up there onto that stupid thing”. In his anger Jim kicked the grate and discovered that it was very hard and heavy “owww damit!!!” together the boys lifted the grate and hid it under Bobs mattress. In the middle of the night Bob woke up Jim and Joe for he had just got and idea too “Jim, Joe, I need you to lift me up into the vent” Jim stood under the vent and Jo got up on his shoulders “now you Bob” bob quickly climbed up Jim and Joe and just managed to get into the vent “wait for me you guys I will be back soon” Bob scurried through the vent looking for the right room to fall into. His plan was to find the keys to their room so they could get out at any time they wanted but it was too dangerous to get them from the guards quarters, so Bob went to the next best thing the janitors closet when he finally found it, he checked through the grate to see if any one was there but as he did this he fell down with the grate onto the hard floor after no one had come he assumed it was alright and started looking for the keys “damit were are the keys!!” Bob had looked everywhere he could when a tentacle rested on his shoulder “the keys are in that box over there” turned around shocked thinking that he was going to get a Chinese burn or worse, a wedgie “don’t worry I’m not going to tell the guards” Bob took a step back as he still didn’t trust the alien “why aren’t you going to tell the guards?” the alien sat back down in his chair and lit the smoke that was wrapped in his tentacle “because I don’t think you deserve to be here” the alien got the key to the boys cell and dropped it in Bobs hand “thank you mister alien janitor I will never forget you” the alien lifted Bob back into the vent and he started to go back to his cell “ wait a minute… here ya go this is a key to the item room where all important items go”. Bob thanked the alien again and headed on his way back to his cell. He woke to see Jim and Joe studying the map Jim had got his hands on “morning you guys…hang on don’t you think this has been a bit easy I mean when Jim got the map all of the guards left the guards quarters and there are no security cameras because if there were we would of been caught doesn’t that seem strange to you guys?” they all thought of what Bob had just said thinking of why the guards were dumb and why there was no security cameras or traps “nah I think your just being paranoid” Joe nodded in agreement with Jim and continued to study the map. At lunch that day Joe got a very good idea but he could only complete it if he was back at their cell “hey every one food fight!!!” just as Joe said this food started to fling every were “Joe what are you doing?” Joe jumped down under the table and Bob and Jim followed “this is part of my plan” the guards were running around the room trying to stop the food fight “Every body Stop!!!” the owner of the prison smashed out of the guards quarters “who started this!!” he grabbed one of the prisoners and threw him across the room “Joe I think we should be very quiet” as Jim said this the owner flipped over the table they were hiding under “so it was you” he picked up Jim by the collar of his shirt and started to shake him “put him down!!” the owner turned to face Joe who was standing on a table so he was almost as tall as the giant alien “you have something to say to me you little runt” he put his face right up to Joe and sneered “I started the food fight” as the owner dropped Jim he grabbed Joe and headed for the prisoners quarters “if this ever happens again there will be no food for any of you”. When they got to the boys cell the owner of the prison threw Joe to the other side of the room with such force that Joe’s back was nearly broken “aggggh!!” Joe screamed in pain as the owner grabbed him again “there won’t be any more food for you” he threw Joe to the ground and locked the cell. After Joe recovered from the pain he went over to Bob’s mattress and grabbed the keys from under it and unlocked the cell, back in the eating room Jim and Bob were busily cleaning up the mess with the other prisoners “I hope Joe knows what he’s doing” Jim nodded and slipped over in some green sludge “owww!!!” every body started to laugh at him so he got up and started cleaning again and pretended it never happened. Joe made his way through the dim lit corridors trying to find the storage room, his plan was very simple because all he had to do was sneak into the storage room and find useful things to help them escape “aha there it is” Joe quietly walked over to the door and listened for any noises but all he could hear was the sound of dripping water so he opened the door. The storage room was full of strange alien gizmos and large lockers, Joe quickly saw the Holoputer and grabbed it thinking it might come in handy suddenly a guard burst through the door.



“Put that down you piece of scum” Joe put the HP down and turned around only to hear a large groan and see the guard clench his stomach “owww I shouldn’t have eaten that second macarp burger” Joe watched as the guard struggled to get out the door “don’t go any were I’ll be right back” the guard quickly ran out the door so Joe got back to work finding things, at this point of time Bob and Jim were back at the cell waiting for Joe “he’s been gone for ages” both of them were starting to get very impatient. A few hours later Joe came back to the cell with lots of stuff to help them escape, the boys gathered up what they had and started to make a plan “I think we should start to head to the front desk and take out the force field and any guards and then we sneak around the receptionist” this was the only plan any of them could think of so they went with it, they unlocked the cell and quietly started to sneak down the dark corridor “how are we going to take out the force field?” they came to a guard post window so they started to crawl “we will cross that bridge when we come to it” they were getting very close to the force field now and the boys could almost taste freedom when Jim suddenly stoped “wait a minute isn’t the saying we will burn that bridge when we come to it or something? Bob turned around to face Jim “why on earth would it be burn that bridge?” Jim shrugged and the boys continued to head for the force field.
When they finally made it to the force field Bob and Jim started to think of a way to get rid of it while Joe started to do something on the HP “wait just one second…” Bob and Jim were hoping that Joe had just found a way to get rid of the force field “aha here it is… no Bob was right it is cross the bridge sorry Jim” Bob and Jim sighed and continued thinking “are you going to help us or not Joe?” Joe put down the HP and started to examine the force field “hmm look something’s written here… made in Chigra” Joe went over to their things and stared to look through them “what are you doing?” Joe lifted up the metal grate Jim had fell on and smashed it into the force fields console “that’s what im doing” the force field disappeared and the boys continued on there way to freedom. “Finally I can see the exit!!” just as Jim spoke two guards came around the corner “stop right there!!” Bob and Jim put their hands up but Joe reached into his pocket and threw a hankie to Bob and Jim “put them over your mouth and nose” as they did Joe threw two sleep bombs at the guards and they fell asleep “what the… they weren’t even bombs they were some balls I painted to look like bombs?” Joe just stood there puzzled until Jim grabbed him. The boys crawled until they were out of site of the receptionist and then got up to open the front door “we made it!!” Bob grabbed the handle of the door and pushed as hard as he could “err grr ahh nii… it won’t open!!” Joe sighed and pointed to the sign on the door that said pull “aha… I knew that… I was just testing you… let’s try that again, we made it!” this time Bob pulled the door open. When the boys eyes adjusted to the light they took a good look at there surroundings “look at the beautiful… stars… and planets?” they confusedly looked at the night sky although it wasn’t night because they were in space “where are we?” Jim took out the map to look at it again but Joe bumped him and he dropped it “look at the map!!” the map had fell on the opposite side of what they had been looking at to reveal a map of the out side of the prison. It turned out that the prison was a space station that was almost impossible to escape from “this is why the guards don’t act smart and why there aren’t any security cameras… because it’s a space station!!” Bob and Joe examined the map wile Jim looked around with some binoculars that Joe had stolen ‘look you guys there’s some spaceships!!” the boys quickly thought up a new plan using the map of the space station “all we have to do is avoid the guards and get a ship” Bob’s plan was simple but it was the only way they would get away from here “wait a minute how are we going to fly one of the ships… we don’t know how to?” Joe started to type stuff into the HP “look at this!!” Joe turned around the HP to reveal a picture of the inside of a spaceship “yea that’s great but how do you fly it?”.

The boys studied the map of the inside of the ship trying to find out how to fly it “it says here that you need a flight token to fly it” the flight token was a small green disk that was inserted into the flight computer “well were do we get one?” Joe pointed up to the flight control room “there should be some up there” Joe put away the HP and followed Jim and Bob up to the control room. The boys started to think nothing could go wrong when they heard a loud yell coming from behind them “stop right there!!” the boys dropped there things and turned around to discover that the aliens yelling at them were the ones they had thrown the painted balls at “aren’t you two suppose to be asleep” the guards obviously didn’t find Jim’s sarcastic comment funny “its not funny… we thought they were real so we went to sleep” the boys started to laugh until one of the guards pulled out a laser gun “hey look up there… what is it?” the other guard got his gun out now “were not that stupid!!!” just as he said it a space ship squished both of them “ouch… that’s got to hurt” the cockpit of the ship opened and Ajax jumped out “Ajax… what are you doing here?” Ajax laughed and a woman jumped out of the cockpit “you didn’t think we would just leave you” Joe and Jim tried to remember where they had seen the woman before but Bob had already figured it out “I remember you… you’re the lady from Ajax’s bar” she smiled at Bob and was about to say something when they were interrupted.
“Where do you think your going maggots!!” the boys had all heard this voice before “just great… its that giant owner dude” the owner and several guards walked out of the prison with their guns at the ready “how did a bunch of kids escape from their cell” the guards started to charge up their guns “I want them wiped of the face of the universe” Ajax bar tender got out her own laser gun and jumped behind some rocks “Ajax get the kids out of here” the boys thought that Ajax wouldn’t leave her there by herself but he just nodded and got the boys into the cockpit “fire!!!” lasers started to fly every where “get out of here now Ajax!!!” the boys saw her get up from behind the rocks just as the cockpit closed “we cant just leave her here!!” she shot one of the guards that was just about to fire at the cockpit “she is a strong girl… and she can look after her self” Bob could tell that Ajax was trying to make himself believe that she would be alright. The boys saw some guards sneak up behind her “get out of there!!!” part of Joe knew that she would not be able to hear him but he kept trying “we have to help her!” Ajax knew that they could not help her without putting the boys at risk “please Ajax we have to help her” just as Bob said this a laser hit her right in the head and she fell to the ground lifeless “no!!!!” Jim banged on the window “those monsters!!” the ship travelled away from the prison and headed for Eronsa.

“We will be back at Eronsa in about three hours” up until now the boys had thought of their adventure as a game forgetting that they could get hurt or worse die “we have to start treating this adventure more seriously you guys” Jim and Joe nodded in agreement “maybe she was just stunned?” Jim and Bob just laid down to sleep so Joe did the same. Joe was awoken by a large bang and he fell to the floor “what on earth is happening!?!”


© Copyright 2006 Heshnesh (goddude at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1071281-Sniffed-in-space