*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1071780-Forged-Murder
by Kitsa
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #1071780
An inside job gone bad.
(Please note, this work is still in progress and also, the dashes in the middle indicate a change in scene.)
p.s. I educated myself a little more on the ranking system used by Police, so it should make a little more sense, I hope!

Gloria didn't like this at all.
All she had wanted to do on this beautiful Friday morning was to take a warm bubble bath, rent a movie and spoil herself to her heart's content.
But right now, she was bound to the closet door, helpless and vulnerable...
Watching her struggle was amusing, he had to admit...The way her body bent at the twist of a rope...He wanted to touch her...but there would be time for that...Yes...

...And the Killer moved in for the kill...


---


"Chief, a highly urgent call for you." A young intern held out a telephone.
"What is it now, Jacobson?" Grunted the Chief and he angrily snatched at the phone.
"Hello, this is the Tygoon County Police Headquarters, Chief respon-"
"Sir, SIR!" An officer ran doggedly through piles of papers and crowded wooden desks to reach him and whisper something urgently. The Chief gave him a dirty look.
He disapproved strongly of disorganized, over-excited rookies who...
"WHAT!?" His thoughts interrupted, Chief uttered a shout. The receiver met the concrete floor and exploded like a minature bomb. Silence descended on the room in a matter of seconds.
Timidly, the intern tapped the Chief's arm. As if on cue, the Chief paged Captain Gordon over the intercom.

"Gordon, I want Squad one to-"
"But Chief, Squad one is on patrol duty this afternoo-"
"Then Squad four-"
"Traffic duty, Sir-"
"Damnit Gordon, SEND ANYONE!" The Chief exclaimed, violently slamming his desk with a powerful fist. "For pete's sakes, there's a dead woman out there!"

---


This was Travis Wilmore's first investigation involving a death. A tremor took over his heart as Travis looked around the room. They had been here for hours, but he felt like they had only just arrived. There was a malevolent...almost an evil feeling that lurked around, bothering him. Maybe the others didn't feel it. They had gone through the usual procedures; Roping off the area, taking pictures of every minute detail, enclosing every little speck of dust in a plastic evidence bag...
"Sir, still no sign of a possible suspect." An officer came to report. He bore signs of frustration.
"Thank you, Kevin." Travis nodded appreciatively, pretending not to notice of the officer's expression. "Please keep searching."
"But Detective, it's clearly a suicide there can't-" Officer Kevin exploded.
"There's enough evidence to show it's not a-" Waving a pen casually in the air, Travis turned sharply around to face Lianne, who had tapped his shoulder.
"Detective Wilmore," She started, a sour look disfiguring her otherwise pretty face.
"Travis will do, Officer Hegher."
"Lianne." She brushed off the interruption quickly, "I think we are wasting too much time on this," she opened her arms to signify other angy officers standing behind her, "by I, I mean we all think you were over-excited by your first investigation of a death. It's a suicide and the killer can not be questioned, obviously."
Travis's smile faltered. Leaving no room for protests, Lianne left, directing others to leave the scene for the night. Travis looked helplessly at Kevin, who eyed him wearily and walked away. Defeated, Travis went to kneel by the woman's body being wrapped up. He remembered bitterly that suicide cases were never sent for an autopsy. He couldn't order them to send the body for an autopsy examination either...he was only an assistant detective here. Travis glanced at the Chief, who had come to oversee everything.
Surely the Chief would agree with him...
© Copyright 2006 Kitsa (twilightmanner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1071780-Forged-Murder