*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072929-Love-From-The-Inside-Of-Me
Rated: E · Essay · Romance/Love · #1072929
Someone asked me if I'd ever known love, or what it is..this was my answer..
Love is a pure, raw emotion that is learned, either good or bad, with the ability to be molded to a "norm" that is familiar to each person on an indidvidual basis, mixed with societal dictations of morality, standards, and values.

Love is that unfamiliar and, somewhat, almost scary feeling that brings a certain peace to your life when the one you love is around, and when not around, the feelings return with a thought or a song you relate to when you've been together.

Love is learning, not only to grow, but respect another human being for who they are and help you to become, without judgment, spite and slanderous behaviour. Love should be given without expectations of anything in return. It should never be something dictated to another, or to have limits set upon.

Love is how it feels to want to be with someone so much, that it's as though part of you suffers and dies, if kept at bay.

Love is wanting to take the time to spend and share with another, actively listen, and enjoy how the two become a complement to one another.
It is not to be taken lightly, abused, criticized, or damaged,be it slightly or beyond repair.

Love is thinking before having to be sorry, and admitting if you've made mistakes- then, be honest. An apology helps to prevent yourself from being put in the position of being sorry. When it is fragile and new, bring attention to the good in each othe. Bring notice, even in just a compliment, to where you have grown together- constructive criticism. It should not condemn, nor damn.

Love is being there for the other to lean on, to help give support, and be strength for one another. You should not have to feel you're "doing it all, alone". Live in each other's presence without regret, be it past, or present. Be true to yourself, and better, for another.

Love is having ideas, opinions, thoughts, feelings, and problems and being able to work through them together. Always keep in mind that you both have them, however, it doesn't mean to imply that you have to agree, be right or wrong. Just remember that the most important rule is "Don't Quit".

Love is believing in and having faith in what you have together to keep it strong. Only the ones involved can do that. If it becomes a one-sided struggle, it disintegrates. What time took to build, becomes shattered in the blink of an eye. It becomes so seemingly miniscule and numb, that it becomes unworthy and ugly.

Love is beauty and feelings within that are solely yours to share and not have taken away.
Never intentionally hurt or deceive. What is built from love is also built on trust, compassion, kindness, and generosity. Do not deviate from what you stand for together, nor be devious.

Love communicates, from and in, both directions. It is sincere, not accusatory and guilt-laiden. Try to see "both sides of the coin", or it won't ever become full-circle.

Would you hesitate to save the life of someone that goes deep enough to be your "heart and soul"?

If that person were to pass away, would you be so grief-stricken that you could will yourself to die as well, just to be with him/her again?

Would you feel that the "existence" that you live, with that person gone or dead, is too unbearable without them?

Love is my parents. All they are, and all they have become together, unconditionally. For better or worse.

Love is my children, who rank me as the "best", though I'm all they have ever known as "Mom".

Love is knowledge. It is not contolling, bitter, nor sarcastic. It is a wonderfully complicated, sometimes overwhelming, cherished, and celebrated emotion. It is sensual touch, a gesture, even an emoticon.

Love has many ways to show an incredibly, fantastic part of who we are as individual entities, when brought together. To miscontrue this four letter word, may lead to misperceptions and evil. It leaves no room for its four letter word antonym, hate. It won't allow for one to feel that strongly and diabolically heinous toward someone that we hold extremely dear.

Love is a privilege and a courtesy. Remember those people and all of the things that are special in your life, while taking time to reminisce and daydream. Allow for goals and some self-satisfaction for each other. Help each other to achieve separate goals and dreams, as well as those you strive for together. It builds a stronger unity and confidence, not only in one's self, but in each other. Live life being proud of who you are, and prouder of how great people can be together. Be conscious of decisions made alone, but always decide together before you act, depending on the circumstance. Give lee-way, but never take advantage of one another. Be one another's "best friend" on a 24/7 basis. Teach each other and help one another to learn. Mentor, not monster.

Love is not turned off and on like a light switch. It is sacred, and meant to last forever. It is unique. Never the same from one person to the next. It is protective, not possessive. It is looking forward to seeing one another more and more, not being apart.

Love is sacrifice, well worth the effort put into getting to know one another, at a most intimate level unachieved by any other. It is never a burden to yourself or another. Cohabitate peacefully, and never lose sight of what the other person truly means to your life.

Love is taking a look at yourself, no matter how difficult it may seem. Never force your beliefs and ways of life onto another.

Love is my "best friend" and "relationship" that allows me to be human, too.
© Copyright 2006 NightWhisper (nightwhisper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072929-Love-From-The-Inside-Of-Me