*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1074918-Boarding-school-ghosts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Children's · #1074918
When the family decided to shift to the country,they got some unexpected visitors...
Dad, mom and the children shifted to the countryside. It was late at night. They went into their new house. It was brown and ugly.
“I don’t want to sleep alone,” said the six year old.
“You have to sleep alone because you are a big boy,” said mom. They each chose a bedroom. They went to sleep. But the boy was frightened and curious. He heard noises!
There were ghost children who pulled the duvet off the boy because they wanted to play with him. The boy, dad, mum, and the boy’s brother and sister went down for breakfast. The ghost children snatched the breakfast because they wanted them to pay attention to what happened. The boy’s sister, father and mother went to the library. They tried to do some research. They found out that it was a boarding school where the boarders were orphans. Mysteriously no one knew what had happened to the children once they grew up.
The family asked the librarian what happened whether she knew the history of the house. The librarian replied, “The old woman who used to live in this house before lives in the village now. Ask her.”
They went to the village. The old lady said, “I don’t like children over twelve so I sent them away.”
The family went back to the house. Suddenly, the boy tripped on something. They looked at the ground…they found bones of more than twenty children buried in a heap near the rubbish dump. They found out that the old lady hadn’t been telling the truth. She hadn’t really sent the children away…she had killed them!
The family called the police.

The lady went to prison and the ghosts left the house forever. The family lived happily ever after.


© Copyright 2006 birthdayboy (nikhilsen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1074918-Boarding-school-ghosts